By Chris Perry,Kevin Taylor
- considers various sedimentary environments; mountain and upland, fluvial, lacustrine, arid, city, deltaic and estuarine, temperate coastal, tropical coastal, and continental shelf
- aspects of sediment administration and remediation also are regarded as are the aptitude affects of on-going and destiny climatic and environmental change
- Readership: complex point undergraduates in earth technological know-how, environmental technological know-how and actual geography, and graduate scholars within the earth and environmental sciences with an curiosity in modern sediment systems
Read or Download Environmental Sedimentology PDF
Similar earth sciences books
This booklet covers the gamut of coastal dangers that outcome from non permanent low-frequency occasions and feature high-magnitude and far-reaching affects on coastal zones across the world. a lot of the world’s inhabitants now lives in low-lying coastal zones which are inherently susceptible to ordinary dangers comparable to flooding from hurricanes, tropical storms and northeastern hurricane surges; coastline (beach and dune) erosion; cliff and bluff disasters; and saltwater intrusion in coastal aquifers used for consuming water provides.
Minerals: Their structure and foundation is an advent to mineralogy for undergraduate and graduate scholars within the fields of geology and fabrics technological know-how. it's been designed for a one-semester direction and covers all elements of mineralogy in an updated and built-in type. The booklet is split into 5 components that debate constitution and bonding inside minerals; mineral physics and optical homes; modes of mineral formation and thermodynamics; mineral teams in the context of mineral-forming environments; and the applying of mineralogy for the exploitation of steel deposits, gemstones, and cement.
Aeolian airborne dirt and dust and dirt Deposits explores the entrainment, dispersion, and deposition of aeolian dirt and dirt deposits, with emphasis on shipping and deposition of airborne dirt and dust derived through deflation of floor sediments and soils. issues coated diversity from the mechanisms of fine-particle formation to dirt assets, sinks, and premiums of deposition.
Advancements in Geotectonics, four: the higher Mantle makes a speciality of the higher mantle and its impression at the improvement of the earth's crust, together with heritage of the moon and different planets and volcanology. the choice first deals details at the beginning of the earth, together with principles at the formation technique of the terrestrial planets, condensation of airborne dirt and dust debris, nature of the earth's center, thermal background of the earth, and fractionation of iron within the terrestrial planets.
- The Sancy Blood Diamond: Power, Greed, and the Cursed History of One of the World's Most Coveted Gems
- Ancient Underground Opening and Preservation: Proceedings of the International Symposium on Scientific Problems and Long-term Preservation of Large-scale ... October 2015, Longyou, Zhejiang, China)
- Lure of the Mountains: The life of Bentley Beetham, 1924 Everest Expedition Mountaineer
- Speleological and Speleogenetic Aspects of the Monti di Capo San Vito (Sicily): Influence of Morphotectonic Evolution (Springer Theses)
Extra resources for Environmental Sedimentology