[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4747: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3882)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4749: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3882)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4750: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3882)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3882)
efnet#simracing Racing League - View topic - Official Test #1 Results - Portland
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:21 am

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
 Official Test #1 Results - Portland 

Like this track?
yes 100%  100%  [ 1 ]
no 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 1

Official Test #1 Results - Portland 

Sunday, January 26, 2020

BTCC 2020 Test Race #1 Results OFFICIAL

BTCC Pro overall winner: Kit Tarboton (300 points) Image
BTCC Pro pole: Tom Lory (1:10.862) Image NEW RECORD
BTCC Pro Race 1 fast lap: Tom Lory (1:11.642) Image
BTCC Pro Race 2 fast lap: Dave Hutton (1:12.203) Image

BTCC Sportsman overall winner: Bill Worrel (180 points) Image
BTCC Sportsman pole: Jim Carvalho (1:12.215) Image
BTCC Sportsman Race 1 fast lap: Jim Carvalho (1:12.883) Image
BTCC Sportsman Race 2 fast lap: Eric Richard (1:13.629) Image

rFactor 2 races 7-8, BTCC races 1-2

2015 SCCS GT1 Pro Champion
2015 AES Champion
2016 AES Champion
2017 AES Champion
2018 GTC-4 Pro Champion
2018 Simca Abarth 1150 Corsa Cup Pro Champion
http://www.loryelectric.com

Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:47 pm
Profile WWW

Replays: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MNGVAW ... sp=sharing

Official Practice stats:

Qualifying stats:

Race 1 stats:

Race 2 stats:

2015 AES Champion
2016 AES Champion
2017 AES Champion
2018 GTC-4 Pro Champion

Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:48 pm
Profile WWW

Grrrr. :x

i just watched the replay of Race 2, expecting some complex series of movements that sent one of the Subarus spinning.

Kit and I were closing fast on the Subarus of Dave Hutton and Sean Thomas on the front straight. Kit got behind the one on the right, I went left behind Dave, gave him a bump which sped him up and only cost me some speed for a moment. I can't explain why I moved over, obviously thought that I was clear of Sean but now I'm thinking that maybe I caught view of Kit popping out to Sean's right and misinterpreted that I was clear, too. Anyway, a caught Sean's left front corner and turned him into Kit. Kit had the front drive on-power stability but Sean pinballed and spun.

Very sorry and bad form from the race director who told everyone to be on their best behavior to impress the new guys :oops:

If this was a championship race, I would have been penalized the amount of time that Sean lost compared to the fastest lap of the race or at least one position, whichever is greater.

The Pro class is full of very competitive people but all of us strive to race clean.

Aside from that, an excellent evening of racing, very happy that we seemed to get on well with the cars, especially for a first race.

2015 AES Champion
2016 AES Champion
2017 AES Champion
2018 GTC-4 Pro Champion

Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:27 am
Profile WWW

Nice crowd tonight 8-) and hats off to Bill and Sean for hanging tough in a room full
of guys they have never raced with!!

Nerves were the end of me in both races, apologies for the bumps in race 1.

A bit more calmed down in race 2, the first bunch of laps were intense, some great scrapping, then i got up
to Sean and plowed into the back of him, a good save for him but it bunched the guys behind him up.

I back pedaled hoping he would get a run and get his spot back, but there was other things going on behind us that
i didn't see, sorry for that, Sean.

Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:43 am

I somehow don't have the Race 1 replay but I skimmed through Race 2.

I am reminded that I need to mention in the drivers meeting that we prohibit weaving on the straight. Decide early whether you are going to protect, no feinting but you make one defensive move well before the braking zone, no sudden F1 style moves. The race near the end between Dylan and Dave probably would have been even more exciting without the weaving.

2015 AES Champion
2016 AES Champion
2017 AES Champion
2018 GTC-4 Pro Champion

Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:53 am
Profile WWW

Guys, that was brilliant, and I don't mean the wins, I mean the type of racing done here - I have missed it and I now recall why waking up at 02h00 on a Monday morning is such good fun!

Its a thrill knowing that the competitors here are more eager to finish the race than finish with a win at all costs, meaning that you can go toe to toe, side by side through corners that no other league can compete with, certainly not ones that I have raced on for the last few years.

Johan and I were in a league of these cars some years ago and we led the field in the Scoobys' until four other chaps entered and were a second ahead of us with the MG and Astra. I am not a great fan of the cars but they are easy enough to drive and can be rubbed and knocked around a bit without spinning off, which leads to good close racing.

Quali, I just could not get my mojo and had my son and Tom leave me by about three tenths IIRC. Then Dylan put a wheel on the grass at T1, R1 and gifted me 2nd. I knew I didn't have the pace of Tom so I just settled in behind him whilst we checked out from the following pack. With about a 6 second gap ahead of Mike, Tom began to get a bit sketchy at times so I was able to really get close to him until he went wide at T1, gifting me first. My left front tyre at the end was at 40% or so, much better than my practice race lengths.

R2 was a cluster for the first probably half of the race. Had a quiet moment and checked that I was suddenly in 5th behind Hutty. Man, I knew then that I was stuffed - his pace was too good. Anyway, through misadventure at the front and behind, suddenly Hutty was first and I was 2nd. Good enough for me, and then Hutty exited the last turn and went on the grass, gifting me a better pull out of the corner, something that the Subaru is great at. He went right towards T1, I hung tough out wide and managed to get ahead of him. Lucky in both races, from others mistakes.

Thanks chaps, Johan missed out today but he sez hes back for the next one.

Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:38 am

Oh, one other thing I found with these cars - they are deceptively long or the mirrors deceive you. It looks like you are clear of a car, only to find out that you still have an overlap when changing lanes. Not sure if anybody else picked that up?

Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:44 am

Congrats to the winners and podium finishers. Great to see new guys on the grid and hopefully this is a trend moving forward. ;)

I just could not find any speed and was off by a second or so from the fast guys, never got into the 11's. Was great to have the larger fields to race in. I started both races towards the back, 11th and then 12th.

Race one due to attrition I ended up in 6th towards the later part of the race with Pat up ahead. His tires were going bad allowing me to catch and pass him for 5th where I finished.

Race two made some setup changes hoping I didn't shoot myself in the foot. Kind of the same race for me, due to misfortune and attrition by others I was able to move up through the field. I had some good close racing with a few guys. Finished 5th again. Guess I'll take it, two 5th place finishes but I need to find some kind of speed with these cars.

I think the front drive cars are all basically the same but their are slight differences. And for me using VR the interiors are really different.

Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:48 am

Lots to learn with these cars. Last night was the hardest I've pushed the tires however, to find the limit you have to go over the limit. That put me near the back of the field in both races which led to overdriving the car and more mistakes. Race 2, I wasn't sure how/when but I picked up rear damage and the car was wandering a little in a straight line... that led to me smacking the wall about 10 laps later and bending the steering so I called it a night at that point. Overall, a good learning experience. There's a numbness to the FFB I need to see if I can tweak... maybe in my wheel settings.

It was good to see two new names join us last night.

Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:36 pm

Never been a big fan of fwd cars. I gave the MG a go & it grows on you. Tires take a beating but still hold ok. I was in the red after both races but driving was still bearable. I did feel some slight shaking in the wheel as the tires were wearing near the final laps.

I don't if its the VR but I feel really relaxed (apart from the first lap) racing rF2. So far I'm making less mistakes than in rF1.

As Kit stated, guys here will give you space to race which is rare. There seems to be a level of respect overall.

As for the races, I wasn't the fastest but I held it together & got some decent results.

I'm also happy to see the car count go up. If we could get it back to where it was in efnet heyday, that would be awesome.

Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:28 pm

Results are posted.

2015 AES Champion
2016 AES Champion
2017 AES Champion
2018 GTC-4 Pro Champion

Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:58 am
Profile WWW

Really nice fun and a nice occasion to test car and setup. Nice 16 guys turnout! Happy to have new drivers. A big thanks to Tom for making all this possible!

Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:50 am

Congrats to our winners and to the rest of the podium. It was an experience for me. I had no left front tire left... at all. Cost me so much I lost atleast 3 or 4 spots in both races. Mediums for race 1 and hards in race 2. Will have a long road ahead figuring this out. Had fun and was very happy to see new and the return of some good friends. Hoping that continues, made it a lot more fun and less frustrating as my demise started to blossom. Looking forward to the next race and after practicing a bit, I'm betting there will be some carnage and a few tank slappers. Good luck fellas!

Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:22 pm

Congrats to Kit, and well done to Bill and Sean. I hope they feel like they've found a home.

I had pretty good pace for not having practiced at all. I didn't think I had any chance of being near my computer. I'm glad, as always, that it worked out. In practice I noticed as Kit stated that it seems the car behind is clear ... but not quite. Something to watch out for the rest of the season.

I don't like radial tires for racing. I just don't seem to get the feedback I need to know when I'm getting close to over-driving. Maybe a little more experience will help. Swapping ends seems to come without much warning.

Heat 2 I damaged my steering rack and lost a couple seconds per lap. Still had fun trying to keep up. Agreed: this is a good group of racers. Very gentlemanly, even with all the money and fame on the line. ;)

"The best dividends on the labor invested have invariably come from seeking more knowledge rather than more power." Wilbur and Orville Wright

Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:57 am
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]