[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4747: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3882)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4749: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3882)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4750: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3882)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3882)
efnet#simracing Racing League - View topic - Official Test #2 Results - Norisring
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:06 am

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 Official Test #2 Results - Norisring 

Like this track?
yes 100%  100%  [ 1 ]
no 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 1

Official Test #2 Results - Norisring 

Sunday, February 2, 2020

BTCC 2020 Test #2 Results OFFICIAL

BTCC overall winner: Kit Tarboton (280 points) Image
BTCC pole: Kit Tarboton (00:54.206) Image NEW RECORD
BTCC Race 1 fast lap: Dave Hutton (00:54.903) Image
BTCC Race 2 fast lap: Dave Hutton (00:54.919) Image

rFactor 2 races 9-10, BTCC races 3-4

2015 SCCS GT1 Pro Champion
2015 AES Champion
2016 AES Champion
2017 AES Champion
2018 GTC-4 Pro Champion
2018 Simca Abarth 1150 Corsa Cup Pro Champion
http://www.loryelectric.com

Sun Feb 02, 2020 4:49 pm
Profile WWW

Replays: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OwraMQ ... sp=sharing

Official Practice stats:

Qualifying stats:

Race 1 stats:

Race 2 stats:

2015 AES Champion
2016 AES Champion
2017 AES Champion
2018 GTC-4 Pro Champion

Sun Feb 02, 2020 4:49 pm
Profile WWW

Sorry to have missed this race but Superbowl was a good time.

I did some laps late night @ Croft and realized that my right door mirror's reflection was showing what was on the LEFT side of my car, dead square to the front of the cars that were parked in the garages on the left :shock:

Before now, I wasn't consciously aware that I was even using that mirror (I pay attention to the left, center and right virtual mirrors) but that could explain my collecting Sean last weekend at Portland.

I very much doubt it's a problem that is inherent to these cars, I just somehow maladjusted the mirror; the view is as expected after finding the hotkey and adjusting the mirror but it's worth a look for everyone else.

2015 AES Champion
2016 AES Champion
2017 AES Champion
2018 GTC-4 Pro Champion

Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:29 pm
Profile WWW

I refrained from classifying drivers as Pro and Sportsman in the results this week. Low turnout, I made some presumptions last week with classifications and the field didn't get inverted for Race 2 which skewed the overall results.

There usually isn't much question about which class a driver should be in but with a new sim, returning drivers and new drivers, we're probably going to have see how the first round goes to decide who should be in Pro and who should be in Sportsman to make those championships as competitive as possible.

The simplest rationalizations might be that if a driver seems capable of winning a Race 1, then he is clearly a Pro; if a driver seems incapable of winning a Race 2, then he is clearly a Sportsman.

In the past, anyone new who jumped in and was competitive with our fast guys was immediately a Pro as long as he raced well, not just hot lap speed but being able to race close with others.

New drivers with pace that put them at the front in Sportsman has traditionally been okay, not going to deny anyone the chance at a championship because he's new. There was ONE TIME that I am aware of that we had a sandbagger / cherrypicker who comfortably took poles and double wins week after week in Sportsman until with his blessing we moved him up for a race weekend where he finished midpack in Pro and he never came back. Don't be that guy.

With the our current points system, it is easy to compare drivers in the two classes. I am going to change to the results spreadsheet that I used for the test races, easier to move guys from class to class if need be, easier to add new drivers and it will save me a little time every week.

2015 AES Champion
2016 AES Champion
2017 AES Champion
2018 GTC-4 Pro Champion

Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:06 am
Profile WWW

I was expecting more chaos at this tight cornered track. I guess guys are giving more room to others and being courteous. That doesn't mean there wasn't the occasional rubbing. Overall it was another fun weekend.

Congrats to Kit & Dave on their wins. The field was pretty close and one small error here meant someone else ready to pounce. I was lucky to be there a couple of times when someone went a bit too hot into T1.

Let's hope to see more guys next week.

Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:38 am

Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:25 pm

I do not like this track. Hate may be a strong word, but any of these tracks that make no sense and have no flow are just annoying. Add the bumps to it and I really detest it. As a result I was astonished to find a half second come qualifying and just manage to pip Brandon to the post.

R1 was alright except I seemed to be the cork in the bottle holding Brandon and Hutty up. After our coming together through the esses, I then managed to check out, I assume because Brandon and Hutty had eaten their tyres.

R2 was a disaster. I assume, again, that the field moved over to softs because I was utterly useless and could do nothing about Hutty and then Mike absolutely killing me. Have to remember to test more!

Good fun otherwise chaps. Looking forward to getting on some proper circuits now. :D

Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:03 am

Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:08 am

I ran a couple of race distances on softs ahead of the weekend.

It looked like the choice was to be fast in the beginning (softs) or at the end (medium).

I never made a decision on which to use, would have needed to run a couple of race distances on mediums.

This track was easier on tires because there was very little cornering; accelerate, brake for hairpin, roll around hairpin, repeat after right-left S-turn / chicane.

2015 AES Champion
2016 AES Champion
2017 AES Champion
2018 GTC-4 Pro Champion

Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:57 pm
Profile WWW

Congrats Kit and Dave on your wins and to the podium as well. I was never in hunt for the lead nor scrambling in the back just maintained a consistant run in both races. Do remember a slight touch with Brandon in the esses and he ended up with the worst end of it. Dangerous place to pass and very sorry it happened. Just a rookie in these cars and looking forward to learning much. Good show despite a holiday night, I was very into the super bowl and found it hard to walk away, but did and had a great time anyways. Post race activities included massive set up changes suggested by Dave resulting in inside rear wheel lifts through the corners. Just like the pros Dave said LOL, we've got to get a few pics of those. Will see if that helps. Cheers fellas, onward to Croft. Good luck fellas :D

Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:18 pm

No problem Pat, it was on me for sure. I checked my mirror going into the first part, but you gained on me in the middle and I couldn't take my eyes off that wall and I came over into your fender. I also probably had some karma involved for smacking into Kit and spinning Dave in R1. SORRY GUYS, I need some more practice. FWD is totally new to me. LOTS TO LEARN.

Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:10 am

It was fun, but I had trouble with setup and tires. I ran mediums for both races and they still didn't last. I think I had 5% left on the right front at the end of race one.

And I agree the FWD is not helping, but I tried the Subaru a little and it didn't seem any better.

Fri Feb 07, 2020 6:23 pm

Had a off snowstorm day yesterday, did 20 laps with 4 cars, i had only tested the subaru since then. In my opinion, the subaru tyre last more than the other cars.

Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:11 am
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]