[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4747: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3882)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4749: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3882)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4750: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3882)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3882)
efnet#simracing Racing League - View topic - Round 2 Results - Oulton Park
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:27 pm

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 
 Round 2 Results - Oulton Park 

Like this track?
yes 75%  75%  [ 6 ]
no 25%  25%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 8

Round 2 Results - Oulton Park 

Sunday, February 16, 2020

BTCC 2020 races 3-4, BTCC races 7-8, rFactor 2 races 13-14

BTCC 2020 Round 2 Results OFFICIAL

BTCC overall winner: Brandon Smith (290 points) Image
BTCC pole: Tom Lory (1:24.906) Image NEW RECORD
BTCC Race 1 fast lap: Brandon Smith (1:25.847) Image
BTCC Race 2 fast lap: Brandon Smith (1:25.771) Image

2020 BTCC Championship Standings Through Round 2 OFFICIAL

1 . Image #316 Dave Hutton ( Kohler Engines ) Image 548
2 . Image #900 Brandon Smith ( eBay ) Image 512
3 . Image #10 Mike Campbell ( ) Image 477
4 . Image #76 Rich Minkler ( ) Image 474
5 . Image #27 Yowan Lamontagne ( ) Image 408
6 . Image #26 Tom Lory ( Honda Yuasa Go Pro Evol Racing ) Image 404
7 . Image #36 Pat Sweeney ( Redbull Racing ) Image 402
8 . Image #xx Bill Worrel ( ) Image 366
9 . Image #9 Eric Richard ( ) Image 351
10 . Image #77 Kevin Juliot ( Canon Racing ) Image 345
11 . Image #5 Barry King ( ) Image 312
12 . Image #16 Jim Carvalho ( ) Image 186
13 . Image #250 Dale Green ( ) Image 156
14 . Image #xx Lucky Chopp ( ) Image 132
15 . Image #xx Max Frechette ( ) Image 0
16 . Image #69 Kit Tarboton ( GSRC ) Image 0
17 . Image #4 Dylan Tarboton ( ) Image 0
18 . Image #xx Sean Thomas ( ) Image 0

2015 SCCS GT1 Pro Champion
2015 AES Champion
2016 AES Champion
2017 AES Champion
2018 GTC-4 Pro Champion
2018 Simca Abarth 1150 Corsa Cup Pro Champion
http://www.loryelectric.com

Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:51 am
Profile WWW

Replays: https://drive.google.com/file/d/10vxXzG ... sp=sharing

Official Practice stats:

Qualifying stats:

Race 1 stats:

Race 2 stats:

2015 AES Champion
2016 AES Champion
2017 AES Champion
2018 GTC-4 Pro Champion

Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:51 am
Profile WWW

Cluster fuck that will be avoided at all cost in the future.

One practice start each race, no restarts in official starts unless for technical Lap 1.

This is not a drop-in with no practice racing league.

2015 AES Champion
2016 AES Champion
2017 AES Champion
2018 GTC-4 Pro Champion

Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:29 am
Profile WWW

I found the track pretty difficult and very hard to overtake. But it was clear and still feels fun on track.

Heat 1 : Had fun, nice racing with Dale, you were very fast!
Heat 2 : Dont really understood why we restarted so much, it was not easy to take the turns 2 cars wide.
After all the starts I lost concentration and just it esc.

My teamspeak sound is somehow low, i will try to raise it up thats why I kept asking if the next was practice or official.
I also heard you had problems with Yowan on the last start, can you explain me what he did, I will talk to him since he doesnt come in forum often. He was fair driving last week, I hope he didnt disturb anyone.

Well i guess its a weekend to forget, too bad i was looking forward for this track.

Forgot to say welcome to Lucky !
And Bill you were fast in that MG!

Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:09 pm

Throughout all the turmoil, I had some excellent racing. I had nothing in qualifying but came alive for the races. Great racing with Pat, Dave, Tom and several others. There aren't many places to pass but if you choose your spot its possible. In race 2, Tom took the hairpin a bit tight & flipped it on its side. I slowed up but Dave not as much & sneaked by me the basterd. :D He just edged me out at the finish line. What a race.

As for the restarts, I'm not a fan of them or the practice start. We're grown men that have been at this for a while so we should be able to get through it cleanly the first time. People just need to give more room in lap 1. Brake a bit earlier. If someone gets by, you'll pass him later if you're faster. It's too bad shit got raised last night. I also feel for Tom; he's got to take care of the new guys and restarts etc.

Back in the old days John ruled no restarts. It worked most times. It does suck if you're taken out in lap 1 after all the practice but just put your head down and get back in it.

I just hope everyone comes back next Sunday to race.

Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:33 pm

I was going to cut my losses and abstain from spending any more time but Mike's comment has me feeling that we do a quasi practice start; treat it as official if it's clean, treat it as practice if it isn't. Drivers causing incidents whether practice start or official start will be penalized.

The practice starts originated when we were doing standing starts so it wasn't so much of time drain and paid off with predominantly clean official starts until one weekend for some reason we couldn't pull off in at least six attempts a race start without someone getting taken out at T1 and we ended the standing start era. It was about time, anyway, with very few real world series employing them.

The next evolution was the "fast rolling start" which is completely computer controlled until a few seconds before the green. By far the quickest and fairest but a vocal minority hated them and it didn't seem to work with the first few rF2 tracks that I tried.

Then we moved to rolling starts which had been largely fine except for the fun races @ Brands Hatch which sent Cam Porter quitting with a tantrum never to be seen again and, of course, yesterday.

I find the rolling starts to be the most immersive.

The problem is obviously not the start format but rather the drivers, too often the same ones who aren't held accountable because the unofficial starts are dismissed without consequences.

As much as we need larger fields to make the racing more enjoyable and viable, we need good racers more than simply drivers to fill the grid and just one bad driver can ruin a race for everyone.

Lucky Chopps didn't directly cause any problems but magically appearing 2 minutes before qualifying with evidently little experience with rFactor 2 isn't going to work for many new drivers so we'll have to escalate the requirements, not fair to the regulars who put in hours of practice to be exposed to unknowns and I'm not going to compromise my own races again babysitting.

Quality of character matters, too, self-centered chatting during qualifying and race isn't acceptable; common decency and sense as far as I am concerned...

Anyway, I need to stop, we'll figure it out...

2015 AES Champion
2016 AES Champion
2017 AES Champion
2018 GTC-4 Pro Champion

Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:39 pm
Profile WWW

A microcosm of my season so far:

2015 AES Champion
2016 AES Champion
2017 AES Champion
2018 GTC-4 Pro Champion

Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:58 pm
Profile WWW

:lol:
I had a front seat view.

Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:27 pm

Results are posted.

2015 AES Champion
2016 AES Champion
2017 AES Champion
2018 GTC-4 Pro Champion

Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:45 pm
Profile WWW

Missed another frikking round with work!!!!

One of my guys blew the company cars motor by running it without water, so I was on the road at that time of the morning sorting out issues. The week previous, we were looking for another of my guys who had gone AWOL when scheduled for a client visit, so yeah, not having much luck so far. Hopefully, catch yall this week.

Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:43 am

Congrats to Brandon and Rich and to the rest of the podium. Both races were fun when I was racing someone or holding someone up. But the fast guys were up front together and then there was me, the tag along. Not a real threat in these cars and you can bet I'll go off on the last lap or two. And if you're close, I'll lose a spot or two. Pretty consistent in doing this so far. A clean race 1 but was spun going into the chicane in race 2. Watched the replay at all angles and I was well ahead taking the preferred line. No protest necessary since I'm an also ran :D

Looking forward to next week. Hoping to improve and getting race night back under control. No worries Tom, all will be fine. Cheers!

Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:51 pm

Props to Yoan for bringing to our attention his incident with KJ. With the standard time penalty calculation, Yoan was penalized three positions.

So frustrating that he could be really good if he would just stop running into others under braking.

2015 AES Champion
2016 AES Champion
2017 AES Champion
2018 GTC-4 Pro Champion

Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:43 pm
Profile WWW

Please ignore the points standings and chart this week.

I evidently committed a sorting error and the points for the season were wrong for at least a few drivers.

2015 AES Champion
2016 AES Champion
2017 AES Champion
2018 GTC-4 Pro Champion

Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:53 pm
Profile WWW

Corrected results are posted.

2015 AES Champion
2016 AES Champion
2017 AES Champion
2018 GTC-4 Pro Champion

Wed Feb 19, 2020 12:29 am
Profile WWW

Congrats to the winners!

As Eric mentioned, tough track, but very intense to race at!

Some great racing with Mike in race 1, race 2 also until i hooked the back of his car and
sent him to the weeds :oops:

In regard to our issues with getting these races going, as Tom mentioned, we will no longer restart races for anything other than technical issues.

Really sucks that Dale, KJ and Lucky didn't make race 2, shit just ran to late and frustration with the restarts added stress
to what should have been fun.

We've been racing together for years but we are new when it comes to RF2, there will be tech issues, turn 1 lap 1 crashes and a host of
other things that may cause a bit of chaos at times but the close hard racing will soon make us forget the rough parts.

Looking forward to Donington!!

Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:55 am

We lived the same thing on rF1 with the gtc until we moved to automated rolling starts. Patience is definitely the way of success for the first lap. Too bad we lost 4 drivers for race 2 with all that stress. Hope to see South Africa guys and the Porters brothers next week. I also saw some footage of real btcc at Oulton, its probably the narrowest track of the season and propice for accidents or crash. Donington is larger. Cya next week.

Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:24 am
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]