View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:12 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 rFactor 1 on new computer 

As I've already mentioned, I got a new computer. How can I run rFactor 1 on my new box without having to buy another copy from Steam? (Seriously, $25 for a 14 year old game? :roll: ) I can finish out the season on my old box, it's just kind of annoying to have to do that.

Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:28 am
Profile WWW

I have a Cracked version in .rar on my drive. I can surely send it to you via Steam(File transfer). Add me : Gilles Villeneuve and PM me !

Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:31 pm

Uh, thanks, but you probably do not want to say that on a public forum. :lol: I would rather use legal means, like simply copying a hidden file from my old computer or something like that.

Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:58 pm
Profile WWW

The normal trick was to contact ISI get a new validation key then run a new installed version of RF. After doing that copying the rfactor.exe from the new version and replacing any rf's executable you had on your pc . I don't think this works anymore because they moved to steam and you need a steam key. Hutty has had no luck in getting one from Studio 397.

I looked and found this link that might work to get a new key, scroll down to Support/Questions and they're are links that might get you a key.

http://www.rfactor.net/ the link https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIp ... w/viewform

Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:07 pm

Well I don’t think the FBI will give me a fine for a 13 years old game thats worth 5$. If you don’t find an issue just pm me!

Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:08 pm

Eric Richard wrote:
Add me : Gilles Villeneuve and PM me !

There are numerous Gilles Villeneuves. :lol:

Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:47 pm
Profile WWW

A few things:

- rFactor is still ISI. Studio 397 bought rF2 only.
- ISI still has a link to convert your key to Steam as KJ posted https://www.rfactor.net/#support
- I'm guessing you don't have the physical CD version as that's easy to transfer over (copy folders, insert CD).
- The Steam version goes on sale super cheap from time to time and it's actually a better version. 4GB patch is baked in, 6 controller support, few other minor changes I've forgotten
- if you do switch to Steam, do a search here because the instructions to migrate it to a multi-install setup (i.e., you like separate rF installs for each mod) have been posted.

Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:34 pm

Dale Beatty wrote:
A few things:

- rFactor is still ISI. Studio 397 bought rF2 only.
- ISI still has a link to convert your key to Steam as KJ posted https://www.rfactor.net/#support
- I'm guessing you don't have the physical CD version as that's easy to transfer over (copy folders, insert CD).
- The Steam version goes on sale super cheap from time to time and it's actually a better version. 4GB patch is baked in, 6 controller support, few other minor changes I've forgotten
- if you do switch to Steam, do a search here because the instructions to migrate it to a multi-install setup (i.e., you like separate rF installs for each mod) have been posted.

I've sent those guys 3 emails and haven't gotten any response, I think I gave them good information I had my key from when I purchased it in 2015.

And that was definitely the same link that I used.

I'm hoping that black Friday we will be able to pick up a copy of it for what I think I saw at one time was like $6.

Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:14 am

Dave Hutton wrote:

I've sent those guys 3 emails and haven't gotten any response, I think I gave them good information I had my key from when I purchased it in 2015.

Good to know. There was a senior ISI staffer active on social media that was helpful sometimes but he appears to not be working there anymore. As ISI restructures, it could well be that no one knows (or cares) that they need to deal with those requests.

Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:28 am
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]