[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4747: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3882)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4749: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3882)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4750: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3882)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3882)
efnet#simracing Racing League - View topic - I need some G27 tips
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:01 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 I need some G27 tips 

Thanks again to Jonathan for donating his old wheel to the cause. :)

It's going to take some getting used to. The pedals have a much heavier feel and there is three of them, three! 50% more pedals! I don't know what to do with them all. The wheel is bigger too. It feels like I'm driving that old '72 Nova that Tim and I drove in high school compared to the MOMO. Don't even get me started on 900 degrees of rotation. That's not even a number I can comprehend. It's like trying to describe the distance between Halifax and Vancouver to a Londoner who's "been to Manchester once." Incomprehensible!

So how do I set this thing up? Do you 900 degree wheel owners out there use the whole 900? What settings should I use in the Logitech profiler?

Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:42 pm
Profile WWW

Hmmm.

I left foot brake so I moved the spring from the middle pedal to the left pedal and in-game assigned the middle pedal to the clutch. Moving the brake far left is much less tiring for my left leg and hip.

Normal people leave the pedals alone for the most part aside from possibly making the brake pedal spring stiffer. Making the brake pedal progressively stiffer could be cool but my favorite idea for that is too much work so I just use the stock setup.

My G27 wheel is smaller than any steering wheel that I've ever gripped in a car about the size of a kart wheel. Maybe Red Racer installed a bigger wheel.

For HGT, I have my wheel set to 900 degrees of rotation in Logitech profiler and typically use 24-30 degrees "steering angle" in-game. I think that I left it alone for Enduracers. Basically, if you can't get the steering quick enough for your taste in-game then DECREASE the rotation in Logitech Profiler.

I can't remember the other settings in Profiler, probably just default except for a little bit of "centering spring", a small single digit number IIRC.

Assign all the buttons! Easier than reaching for the keyboard.

2015 SCCS GT1 Pro Champion
2015 AES Champion
2016 AES Champion
2017 AES Champion
2018 GTC-4 Pro Champion
2018 Simca Abarth 1150 Corsa Cup Pro Champion
http://www.loryelectric.com

Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:16 pm
Profile WWW

I also use 900. I did come across a neat trick I was unaware of until recently. You can change rotation settings on the fly. Neat trick I say!

G27 steer lock.png
G27 steer lock.png [ 82.52 KiB | Viewed 1014 times ]

Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:13 pm

Cam I run 540-560 rotation and 24-30 deg in game depending on the mods, never could get 900 to feel right to me. I like it a little quicker probably due to Kart racing.

Pedals I took out of the plastic base, there each mounted on there own metal bracket. I made a wood foot box assembly and mounted the pedals upside down so it was more like a sedan car instead of driving a bus. That way I could get them to exact angle and distance apart that I wanted. Like Tom said I also left foot brake so my brake and clutch are moved more left than stock.

I have a Nixim brake mod installed in my brake pedal spring, it's like a rubber chunk so your brake throw is shorter and progressive.

Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:34 am

For whats it worth if you're running windows 10, have a G27 and you cannot change the rotation, force feedback, centering spring, axis etc. becuase it isn't there, like the whole page doesn't exist, you just have calibrate and a test screen - yes just like me for the last couple of years. And no working Logitech Profiler either. Yes, I even dug in to the registry, deleted everything with logitech in it and nothing worked. Was considering reloading windows but Rich and Dave offerred something else to try. Just reset windows. I did and the profiler is now installed and I also have a windows settings screen.

Thank you boys! Now just have to remember those settings I ran way back when.

Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:06 pm

Nice job, Pat!

Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:20 am

Glad you finally got that figured out Pat.

Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:25 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 7 posts ]