[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4747: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3882)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4749: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3882)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4750: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3882)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3882)
efnet#simracing Racing League - View topic - new rFactor on disc from Amazon
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat May 30, 2020 12:58 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
 new rFactor on disc from Amazon 

I figure that you guys might know as well as anyone what is going on.

My ~5 year old rFactor DVD is cracking from the center out so I order a new copy from Amazon, same v1.255 that I have. The box appears to be the same.

The disk itself has distinct banding of two different colors that is like what I get when I copy a DVD. My old rFactor disc does not.

The disk label is distinctly different from my old disc, same thing, looks like a copy.

Whatever, it is what is, as far as all that but in the end it fails disk check on both of my PCs so I'm returning it.

WTF? I'm worried that my original disk will crack to the extent that I can't use it and will be locked out of racing.

It's been at least two years since I pointed someone new to rFactor and he had no problems with the disc ordered from Amazon.

2015 SCCS GT1 Pro Champion
2015 AES Champion
2016 AES Champion
2017 AES Champion
2018 GTC-4 Pro Champion
2018 Simca Abarth 1150 Corsa Cup Pro Champion
http://www.loryelectric.com

Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:35 pm
Profile WWW

Creating a copy that works is doable I believe, I can test that. I use a mounted image of my retail disc.

It's just used for the initial check as the copy protection on those old discs isn't Windows-compatible now anyways and you need 1.255g(?) to get around that.

Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:48 pm

Excuse me for asking but why are you worried about a disk? I've never needed a rF disk, just downloaded rFactor lite. I do have one that came with a logitech wheel.

Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:38 am

All ~20 of my rFactor installations are from the rFactor DVD.

rFactor won't load without the disc in the drive so I assume that if the disc cracks far enough it won't be read and my game won't run.

Obviously, worst case I guess I would have to start over with a downloaded rFactor but unprecedented issues with a physical disc aside I prefer having programs on disc. Pop it in, come back 5 minutes later and brand spanking new virgin rFactor installation ready to go.

How do you do multiple installations with Lite?

2015 AES Champion
2016 AES Champion
2017 AES Champion
2018 GTC-4 Pro Champion

Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:32 pm
Profile WWW

Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:50 pm

Thanks, Dale.

2015 AES Champion
2016 AES Champion
2017 AES Champion
2018 GTC-4 Pro Champion

Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:48 pm
Profile WWW

Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:01 pm

good luck Tom - I've always used the download from rfactor and pay for the key. Never a ran into any major issues except some limitations on number of times for full installs but unlimited lite installs.

btw - I like Steam guys - just subscribe to the channels and everything updates automatically.

Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:49 am

Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:36 pm

Okay, then, being super gentle with disc.

Thanks for all the testing, Dale.

2015 AES Champion
2016 AES Champion
2017 AES Champion
2018 GTC-4 Pro Champion

Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:00 pm
Profile WWW
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 10 posts ]