[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4747: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3882)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4749: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3882)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4750: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3882)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3882)
efnet#simracing Racing League - View topic - Anybody a 3rd Modeler, or know one? Need help for a mod!!!
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:34 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Anybody a 3rd Modeler, or know one? Need help for a mod!!! 

I'm not a modder myself, but I'm trying desperately to find a few who might be interested in a great project...

Obviously you guys follow NASCAR, but I don't know if you're familiar with the NASCAR Canadian Tire Series. NASCAR bought the CASCAR series up here in Canada a few years ago, renamed it NCATS, and basically kept running it as such, other than pumping some money into it. They're EXCELLENT cars and more like "entry-level" late models as opposed to the 900 horsepower beasts in the Cup series.

As far as I know, the only mod to use these cars is back in NASCAR 2003. Since then they haven't received much attention. But the formula is great: 480 horsepower, 2900 lb or so, fibreglass bodies, with front ends that still sort of look like the real life cars (G6, Fusion, Monte Carlo and Impala, Avenger). They race on four road courses and nine ovals, and they still use old school bias ply slicks so they can slide around a fair bit. The drivers and sponsors are pretty popular and big names here in Canada, with occasional invaders from other series (Jacques Villeneuve, Alex Tagliani, Ron Fellows, etc)...

Anyway, I've been really interested in seeing these cars in (modern) sim form for some time now, especially throwing some of Canada's finest race tracks into the mix as well. I've tested a CASCAR car in real life at Barrie Speedway, so while I'm not an expert, I do have some experience with them. I've also raced at several of the tracks they've raced at, so I could provide valuable input there as well. So could a friend of mine, who has also been a life-long fan of this series. I'm also pretty good at making skins and if the project progresses far enough, I'd be happy to put my full effort into that area too. And mblunt can do the physics side of things well.

I've gotten permission from CorvetteDave of VHR fame to use the Natwionwide cars from the old VHR versions (3.0, etc) as a base, and to even release it as a VHR add-on.

Let me know what you think, and thanks for listening either way. :)

John Culbert, Jr.
#66 Adrenaline MMA Silverado

Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:39 pm
Profile WWW

I'd be happy to help out with some skins. My only 3D "modeling" experience comes with the simple google sketchup, and I am not sure that would help out with a car mod.

Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:57 pm
Profile YIM

Have you seen the stuff people make with Sketch Up? People do some amazing stuff. :shock:

Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:05 pm
Profile WWW

I have messed around with Maya and 3DMax/Gmax some. Not very good at it though, so my skills probably are not up to your standards. Plus, it has been a long time ago when I was playing around with them. I would be slower trying to build a nice model then I am at trying to get around a track, lol.

I should try to find the time to get back into it. I have always loved building models (balsa R/C planes), but doing it in 3D just never really satisfied me the same way as building an actual object. Still, it is interesting.

Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:04 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 4 posts ]