[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4747: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3882)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4749: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3882)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4750: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3882)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3882)
efnet#simracing Racing League - View topic - Best Finishes of 2012
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat May 30, 2020 2:41 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ] 
 Best Finishes of 2012 

Wicked compilation. :twisted:

Not surprisingly, there's no F1.

I wonder, has anyone gotten statistics on how many last lap passes have ever happened in F1? I can only think of one in recent memory, and it was Jenson winning at Montreal--and it was because Vettel fucked up.

John Culbert, Jr.
#66 Adrenaline MMA Silverado

Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:29 am
Profile WWW

kobayashi on alguesuari valencia 2011 , raikkonen on fisichella suzuka 2005 for win .. and that's probably it, in last decade

Great video

Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:12 am

John Culbert, Jr.

Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:43 am
Profile WWW

This is sadly missed in F1.

Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:08 am

The best part of the video is the Japanese commentary on Sato Sato'ing himself at Indy. :lol:

John Culbert, Jr.

Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:11 am
Profile WWW

Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:12 pm

I have no idea what the Spanish guys are saying during the Montreal Nationwide race, but it sounds hilarious. :lol:

Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:37 pm
Profile WWW

John Culbert, Jr.

Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:21 pm
Profile WWW

yeah, i know the thread title is for 2012, but nothing beats "The Pass" for last-lap drama. Watching the video again reminds me of some of the great racing we've had here at efnet with all the mistakes made several drivers in the closing minutes. It's the kind of move we make in sim racing all the time! I still get goosebumps watching the pass.

I was there at turn 2 and remembered going "WTF just happened" like everyone else who couldn't see Zanardi's pass on TV at the time. Ahh, the days before DVR and weak-ass Indycars...

Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:25 pm
Profile YIM

And for an alternative example of beating and banging that is NOT okay, here's Earnhardt's infamous "rattle his cage" moment at Bristol:

John Culbert, Jr.

Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:33 pm
Profile WWW

Oh HO, we're breaking out previous years now! Then we Said-heads can't forget this one! Mad Max almost stole it from us. 8-)

John Culbert, Jr.

Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:48 pm
Profile WWW

Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:59 pm

Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:01 pm

They let Zanardi get away with it that time as I don't think there was an explicit rule from CART saying he couldn't do that. No one completed a pass like that at the Corkscrew ever (at least on four wheels), so after that race CART made that part of the track a no-go zone for their races. Portland's Festival curves are a better example. Same thing for many street courses with chicanes.

Like any controversial pass, there were arguments for both sides of cutting or not-cutting there. Both sides would agree that a pass like that takes some big nards. Bryan Herta was just in complete shock during the post-race interview after having his first win in sight. That was classic.

Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:22 pm
Profile YIM

Yeah I'm pretty sure it was the first of it's kind like that as Vale's pass of Casey was many, many years later... I wanna say 2008 but he never acknowledged Alex's original move on Bryan there after the fact, which pissed me off to no end at the time. Sorry Valentino, you're not always the "original" with everything you do. :P

I was there too Cameron but was lucky enough to be in a certain hospitality area with TV's so I knew the scoop when it happened. Still though my VCR was diligently whirring away at home so I got to see all later that night as usual.

and John, I always thought that the '79 Daytona 500 was the best Nascar race of all time. ;)

Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:29 pm

John Culbert, Jr.

Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:43 pm
Profile WWW

John Culbert, Jr.

Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:44 pm
Profile WWW

speaking of.... look what I just found. Forget youtube. :shock:

John Culbert, Jr.

Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:56 pm
Profile WWW

Ok, guys weigh in on this one. This is (crappy quality) in-car video from my uncle's FE car. It is the last lap of a national race at Blackhawk Farms for the win. The red car being passed in T1 is not for position. In my opinion it's just a racing incident with two guys really going for the win. It does show the difference when "amateurs" in open wheel cars bang into each other and "pros" with fenders do it. I just think there is a difference in what is ok based on the type of cars being raced.

Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:23 am

Hard to tell with only the one camera angle. By watching your uncle's L/F tire in relation to the edge of the track surface, he doesn't really turn down significantly, while the blue car drifts over to the left. So, blue car's fault. And frankly, since they were approaching a corner, if it was a corner that requires slowing or braking, he was about to brake-check the shit out of him anyway, which is pretty dirty.

John Culbert, Jr.

Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:44 pm
Profile WWW
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 20 posts ]