View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:46 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Driving Experience 

So last weekend I was in Las Vegas for vacation. I had booked a exotic car driving experience for Sunday, I picked the Lamborghini Huracan for 5 laps on their track. It was a 1.5 mile 12 turn road coarse with corner banking and 60ft of elevation change. All their cars are automatics with paddle shifters, they have stability and traction control turned on so you can't get too wild.

A driving coach rides with you and they have different colored cones setup to tell you where the braking zone and corner apex's are. The car was really cool. Took me a couple of laps to learn the coarse and how he wanted me to drive it, so only had about two laps to try and really get into it. Got it up to 130+ on the straight and the last lap tossing it into the corners I actually started to feel a little nauseous from the G- forces( Like a carnival ride). The brakes were incredible, no effort to haul it down from 130 to 40 for the chicane.

Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:03 am

Oh that sounds awesome. What a thrill to experience. A couple years ago our banker had 2 tickets for a track day in Mirabel to drive a Mustang. Sadly it was during our busy period so I had to pass. Wish I could do it at least once. I hope someone took a video of your drive. ;)

Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:50 pm

[quote="Mike Campbell"]I hope someone took a video of your drive. ;)[/quote]My wife got some bad video and a few pics. They record your drive with two cameras and overlay the data........................but they wanted $60 for the video. Ah no thanks, if it had been $25 -30 I probably would have reluctantly bought it.

If you want to check it out www.speedvegas.com

Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:23 pm

Well done, KJ. Sounds like a blast. Are you saving up green stamps for another go?

"The best dividends on the labor invested have invariably come from seeking more knowledge rather than more power." Wilbur and Orville Wright

Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:14 pm

[quote="JimmyC"]Well done, KJ. Sounds like a blast. Are you saving up green stamps for another go?[/quote]

Would love to do it again but it may just be a one time deal.

Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:47 am

Kevin, I envy you. I wished I had a was able to take a crack at it. I assume it was well worth the money and very glad you had your once in a lfetime thrill.

Now, cut to the chase. Where in the hell are the pics!!! :D

Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:59 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]