View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:46 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 2.4 Hours of Le Mans 2017 - Results 

Replays:

Official Practice:

Qualifying:

Race:

2015 SCCS GT1 Pro Champion
2015 AES Champion
2016 AES Champion
2017 AES Champion
2018 GTC-4 Pro Champion
2018 Simca Abarth 1150 Corsa Cup Pro Champion
http://www.loryelectric.com

Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:18 am
Profile WWW

Reserved

2015 AES Champion
2016 AES Champion
2017 AES Champion
2018 GTC-4 Pro Champion

Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:18 am
Profile WWW

I hope that everyone had a good time at some point.

My pit strategy put me out of sequence with others after my first stop so I had a lonely race till the end where I almost got involved Pat and Dave.

Alas, calamity at home and my being fed up with it all short temper ruined the finish for me but I realistically did myself in earlier when I took me 8 or 9 seconds longer to piss and get back in the seat than it took to take fuel. Before that, the ceiling light in the room started flickering which was a distraction as was it going out completely.

Too bad, it was set to be fun and dramatic with super close qualifying, the Corvette a little better on acceleration and possibly cornering and taking a little less time to refuel. I'd try this again next year.

2015 AES Champion
2016 AES Champion
2017 AES Champion
2018 GTC-4 Pro Champion

Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:32 am
Profile WWW

I was off pace as expected and full fuel surprised me and so I went off at Mulsanne corner on each of the first 4 laps. I just didn't adapt well to old-school brakes. :( I got it sorted after that.

Without outright pace I was trying to pull off the one-stop but in hindsight it wasn't worth the 2-3 seconds per lap it cost. In the end, it didn't matter. The leaders started the final lap with about 45 seconds on the clock and I had to pit for a lap of fuel. I still managed to stay ahead of Rich who was in hypermiling mode.

I was glad of the 0% damage. At one point I came across KJ (out of fuel) and Rich (slowing to push). Well, I hit Rich and I think I got the 7/10 split collecting KJ too. :lol:

At 60 minutes to go I had to pee... 30 minutes to go and I was getting uncomfortable... 10 minutes to go and I thought I was going to wet myself every time I pressed on the brake. I may have had too much coffee before the race.

Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:06 am

Last night was a nice release. I've been working way too much the past couple weeks. The simrig hasn't even been powered up in 2 weeks.

Thanks for waiting, though it wasn't necessary. When I ran into all the issues (after getting home just in time) I had a very short fuse. I just wasn't in the mood to deal with anything that was wanting to fight me.

I knew I wasn't going to last very long having 0 laps in this car at this location since last year, so I was just planning on running around at the back. Ended up spending the race scrapping around w/ Rob. One of us would go off, the other would wait, and so on over the course of the 2 hours. Not the most efficient way to race, but I honestly don't know that I would've finished any better. And going about it this way, there was always someone there to take you out...or someone to return the favor to. :lol:

It was a nice change of pace. Thank you.

efnet Trans Am - #135 Burton Power / GBR Ford Mustang Boss 302

Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:56 pm

Congrats to Dave on the win, Pat and Tom on rounding out the podium.

Sorry Tom can't say I had fun, the best part was qualifying and getting 3rd amoungst some very tight times.

The start went ok and actually was feeling good about the race based on my qualy. But that quickly diminished after tapping Hutty around at the end of Mulsan in the tight right hander. Sorry. :oops: Dropped a couple of spots and from there I was my own worse enemy making mistakes and as always for me most of them in the dark after I had gained back some spots before it got totally dark.

Then there came the pit stop, came in for a 47sec fill, had to pee and jumped out of the cockpit 6sec into the stop. But hadn't seen that my trusty copilot, large Golden Retriever dog was sleeping next to me and I nearly killed myself getting out. Came back and hopped back in and the car was ready to go, so I had no idea how long it had been sitting ready. Came in 5th and left in 7th, from there never really making it up. Managed to catch up to Dale and figured he let me by because he was one stopping.

With a few laps to go needed to come in for splash but I pushed it to far out, ran out of gas with the pit entrance just up ahead. Rich came along to give me a shove unfortunately causing a crash between Dale and him. I got into pit road but not up towards the end where my pit was. Robb came in and gave me a push up to there. Thank you guys for helping.

Whether we do more enduro's or not I think this will be my last one here if involves night driving, if I'm having a good time or not racing it always ends in frustration at night because I can't see good due to my poor eyesight. I don't even like driving in real life at night anymore. :(

Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:31 pm

Forgot to add, like you Tom I had a distraction going on also with about 10-15mins to go in the race. The house phone rang, wife answered it then came downstairs turned on the hall light outside my room and proceeded to stand out there and in my room behind me talking on the phone. Then left leaving the light on which was reflecting off my monitor and glasses. So I'm going to blame my running out of gas miscalculation on that. :roll:

Turns out it was my son calling from Japan at $1.79 a minute and they/ we talked for over 15 mins. :shock:

Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:45 am

That was fun!! Wasn't sure really what to expect as the Daytona was a new drive for me, quirky but a pleasure to drive
and listen to for a long race.

Lost site of the front runners early on with a little tap from KJ, almost saved it but half spun in the gravel, got her going again and
ripped off a bunch of laps soloish making back some time but had no idea what position i was in due to rF hud changing so much.

While it was still light out i had a race ending "moment" contacting the armco at the kink leading onto the first straightaway, i am glad damage was off, i don't think i was
overdriving at that moment, just lost concentration.

I pitted for a splash, 18 seconds worth, realized at that point i was the leader for sure but Pat was coming quick threw the last sector, as i came out of the pits Pat went flying by
and we went at it for the win with 3 laps to go, cool stuff as i hadn't seen or raced around him since the start 8-)

Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:09 am

Seeing how we had 9 entries and 1/9 of those drivers struggles at night, the ho-hum enthusiasm for most of the endurance races and that I doubt that anyone gives a shit about the Annual Endurance Series Championship (coming from the 2014, 2015, 2016 and now 2017 champion :roll:) maybe it's time to throw tradition out the window and just do five one-off and completely new events a year; at the least start a discussion on which, if any, of the established ones to keep.

To do it right, we may have to throw new mods into the mix.

Le Mans did seem to prove that damage and mechanical failures turned off was not a bad thing which certainly could open our options up to open wheeled cars.

Anyway, with rFactor the possibilities are practically infinite which is in a way a problem in itself but perhaps we go back imploring that someone (anyone) simply throw out an idea, we'll do a quick poll to feel it out and if there's enough interest, just do it.

I'm fairly certain that JCJr would have shut this whole thing down with fewer than 10 cars on the grid but that is basically our current weekly series reality so it does give a different perspective to the Special Events.

2015 AES Champion
2016 AES Champion
2017 AES Champion
2018 GTC-4 Pro Champion

Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:37 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]