View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:21 pm

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ] 
 Round 1 Results - Portland International Raceway 

Sunday, October 29, 2017

Trans Am Pro Round 1 Overall Winner: #36 Pat Sweeney (4-1)

Trans Am Sportsman Round 1 Overall Winner: #05 Barry King (2-2)

Trans Am Pro Race 1 Winner: #71 Cam Porter (18 laps, 22:21.313, 0.720" margin of victory, 18 laps led)

Trans Am Sportsman Race 1 Winner: #05 Eric Richard (18 laps, 23:02.560, 25.919" margin of victory)

Trans Am Pro Race 2 Winner: #36 Pat Sweeney (18 laps, 22:26.381, 8.038" margin of victory, 18 laps led)

Trans Am Sportsman Race 2 Winner: #66 Jim Carvalho (18 laps, 23:16.945, 11.241" margin of victory)

Trans Am Pro Round 1 Results OFFICIAL

Trans Am overall winner: Pat Sweeney (4-1) Image
Trans Am pole: Kevin Juliot (1:13.606) Image
Trans Am Race 1 fast lap: Kevin Juliot (1:13.601) Image
Trans Am Race 2 fast lap: Kevin Juliot (1:13.605) Image

Trans Am Sportsman Round 1 Results OFFICIAL

Trans Am Sportsman overall winner: Barry King (2-2) Image
Trans Am Sportsman pole: Robert Lemon (1:15.090) Image NEW RECORD
Trans Am Sportsman Race 1 fast lap: Jim Carvalho (1:15.412) Image
Trans Am Sportsman Race 2 fast lap: Jim Carvalho (1:15.701) Image

2017 Trans Am Championship Standings Through Round 1 OFFICIAL

1 . Image #36 Pat Sweeney ( Red Bull TUM ) Image 270
2 . Image #77 Kevin Juliot ( Mountain Dew TUM ) Image 261
3 . Image #71 Cam Porter ( Weyland-Yutan ) Image 246
4 . Image #26 Tom Lory ( IROC GoPro Evol ) Image 240
4 . Image #316 Dave Hutton ( Kohler Engines TUM ) Image 240
4 . Image #900 Brandon Smith ( AMC GoPro Evol ) Image 240
7 . Image Yoan Lamontagne ( privateer ) Image 198
8 . Image #76 Rich Minkler ( Jagermeister TUM ) Image 0
9 . Image #135 Chris Sherburn ( Huberts Lemonade GBR ) Image 0

2017 Trans Am Sportsman Championship Standings Through Round 1 OFFICIAL

1 . Image #05 Barry King ( Supercheap Auto ) Image 180
2 . Image #16 Jim Carvalho ( Chaparral ) Image 176
3 . Image #3 Eric Richard ( privateer ) Image 162
4 . Image #707 Robert Lemon ( Eagle Claw ) Image 148
5 . Image #14 Tim Porter ( K-Tel ) Image 147

Race 1 Finishing Order OFFICIAL

1 . Image #71 Cam Porter ( Weyland-Yutan ) Image
2 . Image #77 Kevin Juliot ( Mountain Dew TUM ) Image
3 . Image #900 Brandon Smith ( AMC GoPro Evol ) Image
4 . Image #36 Pat Sweeney ( Red Bull TUM ) Image+1 penalty
5 . Image #316 Dave Hutton ( Kohler Engines TUM ) Image
6 . Image #26 Tom Lory ( IROC GoPro Evol ) Image
7 . Image Yoan Lamontagne ( privateer ) Image
8 . Image #3 Eric Richard ( privateer ) Image
9 . Image #05 Barry King ( Supercheap Auto ) Image
10 . Image #14 Tim Porter ( K-Tel ) Image
11 . Image #16 Jim Carvalho ( Chaparral ) Image DNF
12 . Image #707 Robert Lemon ( Eagle Claw ) Image DNF

Race 2 Finishing Order OFFICIAL

1 . Image #36 Pat Sweeney ( Red Bull TUM ) Image
2 . Image #26 Tom Lory ( IROC GoPro Evol ) Image
3 . Image #316 Dave Hutton ( Kohler Engines TUM ) Image
4 . Image #77 Kevin Juliot ( Mountain Dew TUM ) Image
5 . Image #900 Brandon Smith ( AMC GoPro Evol ) Image
6 . Image #16 Jim Carvalho ( Chaparral ) Image
7 . Image #05 Barry King ( Supercheap Auto ) Image
8 . Image Yoan Lamontagne ( privateer ) Image
9 . Image #71 Cam Porter ( Weyland-Yutan ) Image DNF
10 . Image #707 Robert Lemon ( Eagle Claw ) Image DNF
11 . Image #3 Eric Richard ( privateer ) Image DNF
12 . Image #14 Tim Porter ( K-Tel ) Image DNF

2015 SCCS GT1 Pro Champion
2015 AES Champion
2016 AES Champion
2017 AES Champion
2018 GTC-4 Pro Champion
2018 Simca Abarth 1150 Corsa Cup Pro Champion
http://www.loryelectric.com

Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:25 pm
Profile WWW

Replays: Monday night

Official Practice stats:

Qualifying stats: Monday night

Race 1 stats: Monday night

Race 2 stats: Monday night

2015 AES Champion
2016 AES Champion
2017 AES Champion
2018 GTC-4 Pro Champion

Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:25 pm
Profile WWW

I am so excited to be back in T/A. The racing is always close, exciting and I love these cars. I am disappointed that not more racers registered. Usually T/A brings peeps out of the woodwork. Racers are moving on to newer (not necessarily better) sims, I guess. HGT&TC is my favourite.

I hope to do better this season, so I actually put some test and tune laps in. Getting this dang American iron to turn effectively is a difficult task. I was working on my set right up until qualifying. It seemed OK though, as I got front row. I was watching my splits and I was losing time in the last sector. At one point in qualifying I was nearly two-tenths up after sector two, only to be a tenth down after sector three.

Race one, I DID WORK. :P KJ was RIGHT THERE the whole race and did not give me a break. Well done.

Race two, I just had back luck. Jim spun out of the final turn and I have nowhere to go. I clobbered him hard and wrote-off my engine. Robert almost squeaked through, but he tagged the tires and broke his engine too. :( I watched the rest of the race. Pat absolutely CHECKED OUT. Great race for second and fourth though. Good job guys. See y'all next week.

PS: We need to figure out how to tidy up our racing. There were some big pile-ups, necessitating several restarts. Please, let's have respect and patience!

Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:57 pm
Profile WWW

I am happy to back with Historics as well. I can't seem to drive the big cars, but they feel good.
I didn't have control of my car at speed this week. Not used to it yet, I guess. Or my tune was bad. Either way, it was a struggle. I was my own enemy in race one, in race 2 I spun Eric, so I stepped back before I hit anyone else.
Hope some more practice will set it straight.

Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:44 pm

Congrats to the podium finishers and winners. Wow what an awesome pair of races at a technical track. A few rough edges as everyone gets used to racing the big cars and inverting the field for race 2.

Well I hope for this not to become a trend but I didn't get any practice in last week. My only night would have been Saturday night but was feeling sick, went to bed. So official practice started early and was able to get into the 1:13's. So seemed to have the needed speed, hopefully could duplicate in Qualy. Well that worked out good, did a couple of PB's and ended up TQ. :D

Race 1: Got a good start But Cam got the better one and was able to beat me to turn one. I managed to stay ahead of the land rush into turn one and slotted in behind Cam. From there I worked my ass off to stay with Cam and hopefully be able to pull off a draft pass down the front straight. Never happened, just couldn't get the same drive off the last turn that Cam had. We did manage to pull away from Pat in 3rd, I'll take the 2nd and awesome race Cam.

Race 2: Whole different perspective starting in the back and crazy 4 car wide going into turn one. Was dead last exiting and few laps in was sitting 9th in a five car battle. Just want to say at this point I ended up watching the entire race 2 replay tonight and wow what a battle up to about lap 8 amoungst the Pro's from my spot forward to about 5th. About lap 9 I managed to draft by Brandon for 4th as we got a little spread out. Brandon was on me and not giving an inch, as we went lap after lap we slowly were catching up to Hutty and Tom in 2nd and 3rd. I finally stopped making error's and was able to pull a little gap on Brandon. But that was it, couldn't catch the two in front of me and Brandon nearly caught me out of the last turn last lap, I crossed the line for a 4th. Hell of a race Brandon. :shock:

I hope we can iron out some of the mayhem on the starts as we move forward, should be a great season. :D

Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:31 pm

These cars are awesome fun, even when I'm a second off the pace. I've definitely got a lot to learn. I would figure out how to drive through one corner and then take the next one as if I'd never sat in the car before! Maybe by season end I'll be able to string two together.

I started Heat 1 in P9, but Yowan was sandbagging in Q and demoted me to tenth pretty quickly. I set about chasing Eric until lap 11 and finally passed him out of the last turn onto the straight. But I then spun in T1, and Barry passed me too while I struggled to recover. I could catch Eric in the turns, but couldn't get onto the straight with enough speed to pass him. On lap 13 I had caught up with Barry, but tapped his rear bumper while braking for T1. Karma asserted itself fortunately; and I spun while Barry carried on. Then I was trying WAY too hard and hit the outside wall exiting the last turn on lap 14. All over.

Heat 2 I was on the front row with Robert and managed to get a good start and carried momentum all the way to turn 1. Barry went sailing by with a bonzai move that distracted Bobby enough to let me into the lead, but that put Pat on my tail. He passed me on the back straight and set off into the sunset for the win. Rob and Yowan were behind me doing an excellent job of keeping everyone else behind them until lap 6. Hutty passed me in the last turn of that lap, and Tom got me in turn one. At the end of that lap (7), I spun in front of Brandon and KJ coming out of the last turn. Kevin just tagged me and spun me around to face Cam who was barreling onto the straight. That put him out on the spot and left my car looking like an Edsel sitting at the pitlane entrance. Yowan and Robert then collided, putting the Mustang out on the spot. Yowan tried to continue, but his left front was flat and the Pontiac was out at the next turn. I raced down pitlane and rejoined in P6 where I stayed until the end with a big gap in front and behind.

Looking forward to more.

"The best dividends on the labor invested have invariably come from seeking more knowledge rather than more power." Wilbur and Orville Wright

Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:26 pm

Had a great time with u guys even if short lived in both races but the race gods giveth and taketh away..
Everyone was looking good and up on the wheel and fast,fast,fast 8-)
I think these cars are the bomb and could race them all year long.
Thanks for hosting the rodeo and see you gents next race...Ill try not to self destruct :lol:

Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:05 pm

Sorry for all the restarts that just led to more restarts.

It seems like once a season, I lose my mind and treat a feature race as a Fun Race in respect to restarts. I've played my insanity card for this championship so count on NO RESTARTS for the balance of the season except for technical issues on the first lap.

The practice starts seem to have greatly reduced incidents with the other series. This is the first season that we employed them with Trans Am.

My wish is for everyone to have a great, fun and clean race every weekend but we all make mistakes and when the margins for error are small they can lead to consequences that can result in a crappy weekend for one or more drivers.

Be angry with yourself or the other driver if you need to be but consider that for the most part the table is set for great racing every weekend, most of us would sooner stuff it into a wall than take out another car and that penalties are an effective deterrent to getting in over our heads because we covet championship points. We all make mistakes. If that bothers you, watch an F1 race or two and witness professional racers at the top of the sport make dumber mistakes than we do while being paid $millions while entrusted with million dollar machines.

Trans Am seems to be the biggest adjustment every year as we step back into HGT from Enduracers, leaving modern, high grip, great brakes and immediate steering cars as well as the widest tracks behind for close quarters racing in the most closely competitive series that we run while having to adjust to totally different cars.

With everyone in the V8s this year, we can easily have the best season ever.

2015 AES Champion
2016 AES Champion
2017 AES Champion
2018 GTC-4 Pro Champion

Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:41 am
Profile WWW

I was distracted for much of qualifying then overdrove failing to match my PB set during Official Practice, gridded 6th for Race 1.

Race 1, I don't remember much other than nudging Hutton deep, wide and ultimately off at T1 early in the race, doing my usual guilt thing which didn't go away until Dave was ahead of me again and surely was involved with an excellent battle or two thereon until I put a wheel off in the T1-T3 rights complex and two or four cars got by me.

Race 2 was the never ending havoc and restarts. When enough was finally too much and we ordained the start as final, I'm pretty sure that we as a group had a great race other than Sweeney squeaking through on the first lap and running off to a lonely win while everyone else was nose to tail behind Jim Carvalho who excellently led the remainder of the pack for 5 laps. I personally enjoyed an excellent battle with Hutton.

2015 AES Champion
2016 AES Champion
2017 AES Champion
2018 GTC-4 Pro Champion

Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:54 am
Profile WWW

Remarkable consistency by KJ:

pole (1:13.606)

race 1 fast lap (1:13.601)

race 2 fast lap (1:13.615)

:shock:

2015 AES Champion
2016 AES Champion
2017 AES Champion
2018 GTC-4 Pro Champion

Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:56 pm
Profile WWW

Results are posted.

Sorry no pics yet but I'm going to find a way to get back to including pics, not the same without them especially with new winners and the brilliant livery that we have.

I'm leaning towards skipping the After Races to free up some time for screenshots, unfortunately I spend a stupid amount of time on them.

2015 AES Champion
2016 AES Champion
2017 AES Champion
2018 GTC-4 Pro Champion

Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:13 pm
Profile WWW

I would not bother with screen shots then.

Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:55 pm
Profile WWW

Tom Lory wrote:
Remarkable consistency by KJ:

pole (1:13.606)

race 1 fast lap (1:13.601)

race 2 fast lap (1:13.615)

:shock:
Thank you. Just wish I had remarkable consistency at all tracks, don't know what it was about that track.

Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:53 am

Final results with pics are posted

2015 AES Champion
2016 AES Champion
2017 AES Champion
2018 GTC-4 Pro Champion

Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:39 am
Profile WWW

8-) Thanks for your hard work, Tom.

Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:39 am
Profile WWW

Cam Porter wrote:
8-) Thanks for your hard work, Tom.
+1 Very much appreciated!

Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:31 am

Thanks, Tom. I enjoy taking the time to look through the results post.

"The best dividends on the labor invested have invariably come from seeking more knowledge rather than more power." Wilbur and Orville Wright

Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:49 am
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]