View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:38 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Trans Am 2017 Season Review 

Coming

2015 SCCS GT1 Pro Champion
2015 AES Champion
2016 AES Champion
2017 AES Champion
2018 GTC-4 Pro Champion
2018 Simca Abarth 1150 Corsa Cup Pro Champion
http://www.loryelectric.com

Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:52 am
Profile WWW

Reserved

2015 AES Champion
2016 AES Champion
2017 AES Champion
2018 GTC-4 Pro Champion

Profile WWW

Reserved

2015 AES Champion
2016 AES Champion
2017 AES Champion
2018 GTC-4 Pro Champion

Profile WWW

I have to admit that I enjoyed these cars more than I thought I would.
They didn't really suit me at first, as I was having trouble, but once Tom threw me a setup that corrected some of my inefficiencies, I was pleased with the behaviour of the car.
Had some great races throughout the season, and would willingly come back to this class.
I liked the 'Cuda. Had a grotesque attraction to it. Kind of like a bulldog that farts a lot.

Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:03 am

Another T/A season in the books and another season I didn't take the championship. :|

Congrats to Hutty on the championship and Pat for always stepping up and being consistent. And there is the crux of my problems at least, too many races this season where I did great in one and dead last or disco or just not a top 3 finish in the other race. Consistency is the key to championship performance and Hutty had it. So why am I going on about this, well the T/A season is where I feel I have any chance at a championship run, I'll take the 3rd though. :D

There was some great racing this season at some great tracks, the old favorites always seem to deliver the best overall racing. I feel I had some great battles through out the season with most everyone. You couldn't make a slip up with out someone being right there to take your spot all the way through the field.

Speaking of the field, I had a little trepidation with our new format going in to the T/A season. But I think it worked out great with everyone in the big cars and the full field inversion for race two. I feel the Sportsman handled it very well and hope they had fun. I don't think there was to many incidents of Pro's taking out Sportsman in race two. I know it happened a few times but for the most part seemed to be a lot of clean racing this season by everyone.

Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:39 pm

Like I already said before, I prefer Quality over Quantity. Like I prefer to sell 3 Muranos than 10 Micra :). It was high quality racing as usual with efnet veterans such as Tim, Jim, and Barry. I also met a great colorful friend in the name of Robert Lemon which I like racing with and talking! Like me, his nice sense of humour provides good ambiance on mumble! I'm proud of my performance and finally lapping at Pro Pace on some tracks ! These cars are the DNA of efnet and they are a blast to drive! Thanks for the season and cya all on GTC!

Season Highlights

Brainerd : Tremendous race with Tim. Ended up 2nd with 0.001 of margin. Really, its all you need!!

Miller Motorsport : First Win for Max Frechette in HistoriX GT !

Sonoma : Carvalho's win really showed consistency and speed! It was a nice fight ! And Bob's winning mustang drifting every corners was the quickest on that race!

Road America : Most demanding race for me ! I passed Yowan 2 times. He overtake me 3 times. Looks like Arnoux/Villeneuve fight in 1979!

Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:17 am

Congrats to the winners.

Sorry I wasn't able to attend very many races. Work took a nasty turn in late November, and I ended up not having time for any extra-curricular activities until after the new year. I don't think I even sat in the simrig in nearly 2 months. Very sad times. :(

Anywho, things are lightening up a little bit and I should be able to make more of the races until April. Then I'll have a schedule shift that will probably see me absent again until June.

efnet Trans Am - #135 Burton Power / GBR Ford Mustang Boss 302

Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:35 pm

I'm sorry I missed so many events because I had such a good time when I joined. I was able to annoy some of the quicker drivers (Wait. That's pretty much everyone.) on some occasions, and always enjoyed close racing. Thanks to all who shared some virtual tarmac with me this season. I wish I could say I'll see you more often, but my wife and I just met our first grandchild on Super Bowl Sunday. Definitely more entertaining than the game. So along with my usual excuses for going missing, I'll be visiting them more often as well. Hope to see you on track again soon.

"The best dividends on the labor invested have invariably come from seeking more knowledge rather than more power." Wilbur and Orville Wright

Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:52 pm

I started working on Trans Am 2018 and realized that I didn't do anything about the 2017 season review.

I hope to list the drivers in championship order with stats and pics before the 2018 season starts.

Dave Hutton and Eric Richard will get Champion Edition cars added to the 2018 season patch.

There won't be any changes to the cars from 2017.

The tracks will carry over from 2017 plus we'll add two or three more, all USA. I'm missing the great Australian tracks but expect to take care of that with a southern hemisphere theme for GTC 2019.

2015 AES Champion
2016 AES Champion
2017 AES Champion
2018 GTC-4 Pro Champion

Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:30 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]