View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat May 25, 2019 7:45 pm

Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ] 
 Round 2 Results - Melbourne 

Like this track?
yes 91%  91%  [ 10 ]
no 9%  9%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 11

Round 2 Results - Melbourne 

Sunday, February 17, 2019

GTC-5 Pro Round 2 Results OFFICIAL

GTC-5 pole: Brandon Smith (2:12.1670) Image NEW RECORD
GTC-5 Race 1 fast lap: Dale Beatty (2:12.8410) Image
GTC-5 Race 2 fast lap: Kevin Juliot (2:12.7175) Image

GTC-5 Sportsman Round 2 Results OFFICIAL

GTC-5 Sportsman overall winner: Bobby Lee Image
GTC-5 Sportsman pole: Anthony Aden (2:14.0154) Image NEW RECORD
GTC-5 Sportsman Race 1 fast lap: Bobby Lee (2:14.4422) Image
GTC-5 Sportsman Race 2 fast lap: Anthony Aden (2:14.4928) Image

2018 GTC-5 Championship Standings through Round 2 OFFICIAL

1 . Image #76 Pat Sweeney ( Red Bull TUM ) Image 531
2 . Image #316 Dave Hutton ( Kohler Engines ) Image 438
3 . Image #900 Brandon Smith ( Go Pro Evol ) Image 431
4 . Image #26 Tom Lory ( VP Racing Fuels Evol ) Image 423
5 . Image #76 Rich Minkler ( Hoosier TUM ) Image 422
6 . Image #71 Cam Porter ( Rothmans ) Image 420
7 . Image #30 Rich Coffey ( VP Racing Fuels Evol ) Image 417
8 . Image #77 Kevin Juliot ( Canon TUM ) Image 391
9 . Image Yoan Lamontagne ( ) Image 327
10 . Image #250 Dale Beatty ( ) Image 214
11 . Image #64 Luca Bernacchini ( ) Image 177
12 . Image Jeff Prins ( ) Image 174
13 . Image #135 Chris Sherburn ( ) Image 0

2018 GTC-5 Championship Standings through Round 2 OFFICIAL

1 . Image #707 Bobby Lee ( ) Image 344
2 . Image #776 Anthony Aden ( ) Image 304
3 . Image #05 Barry King ( ) Image 264
4 . Image Eric Richard ( ) Image 175
5 . Image #8 Max Frechette ( ) Image 141
6 . Image #14 Tim Porter ( ) Image 126
7 . Image #39 Hugo Baillargeon ( ) Image 123
8 . Image Fernando Mattos ( ) Image 111
9 . Image #16 Jim Carvalho ( ) Image 0

2015 SCCS GT1 Pro Champion
2015 AES Champion
2016 AES Champion
2017 AES Champion
2018 GTC-4 Pro Champion
2018 Simca Abarth 1150 Corsa Cup Pro Champion
http://www.loryelectric.com

Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:36 am
Profile WWW

Replays: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CcCIiM ... sp=sharing

2015 AES Champion
2016 AES Champion
2017 AES Champion
2018 GTC-4 Pro Champion

Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:36 am
Profile WWW

Stewards please check Stewards Tower.

Cam Porter vs Brandon Smith avoidable contact Race 1.

Eric Richard track cutting Race 2.

Pro Qualifying and Fast Laps.

2015 AES Champion
2016 AES Champion
2017 AES Champion
2018 GTC-4 Pro Champion

Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:16 am
Profile WWW

I do not know how you guys brake so late. I was trying to be careful and not hit anyone and I got passed by like four cars in one corner! :lol:

Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:28 am
Profile WWW

Cam Porter wrote:
I do not know how you guys brake so late. I was trying to be careful and not hit anyone and I got passed by like four cars in one corner! :lol:
I say the same thing about others Cam. :o

Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:48 am

Congrats to the winners and podium finishers at a tough track.

I only found my speed on race night so Qualyed 4th. On the start I kind of got banged around a bit and by several corners in found myself backwards waiting for the rest of the field to go by, not the way I wanted this to go. From there I made mistakes pushing too hard to try and get spots back, finished towards the back of the pack.

Race two: Got a good start and slotted in behind Rich in 1st and we took off. I was hanging with him pretty good and was hoping for maybe a shot but had a big tank slapper mid race and never could make the gap back up all the while watching the gap to who ever moved into 3rd.

Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:54 am

In both races I benefited by the mistortune of others with only 2 or 3 legit passes, the rest were due to accidents and spins. I was pleased with my qualifying position after so long away from these cars. I think it helped that I know this track very well... it was a GBR favourite for many years.

Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:08 am

Exciting racing when we were close, Dale and Dave... that is until I spun. :oops: :lol:

Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:13 am
Profile WWW

First time here and its defiantly a fav.. 8-)

Spent the most of race 1 chasing Yohan around for some fantastic racing, Thanks dude! :)

Race 2 was a little more of an adventure from the back of the pack with an ill handling car to boot..
Just spent the whole race scrapping and clawing for every spot I could salvage :lol:

Apologize to KJ
I left you the bottom lane (turn3) open but look like you had a wonky entry and couldn't take advantage..Sorry friend :(
I definitely blew that corner (turn 2) with all the smoke and traffic on the opening lap :oops:
Nice racing everyone! The competition is stepping up to the plate and great to see some Porsche power out on track
Jimmy C were you at bro ;)

Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:23 pm

Had some close racing with max. not my cup of tea track but still enjoyed it

Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:27 pm

After careful discussion be between all the admins, we have decided to throw out the results for Melbourne, deem it non-points. Scrutinizing and penalizing two entire races is too much work. The important thing is that we had fun, we learn from it and prevent it from happening ever again.

Pat somehow missed during the week and before qualifying that we were using the standard Efnet rule of at least two tires on the racing surface with the red and white curbs considered racing surface and was using the green concrete "grasscrete" with all four wheels well outside the curbing. Consequently, he technically didn't complete one legal lap in qualifying and most of his race laps were illegal but not intentionally, he thought that we could use the green stuff like we do at some other tracks like Imola. I'm also going to accept some blame for not considering special rules for this track while it was new to us and also for not spending some time during official practice checking on drivers and making sure that they understood the legal racing surface.

Scrutinizing Pat led to checking everyone's qualifying. Many of the Pros just missed a legal lap on their best laps, the majority too close to realize in-car during qualifying but illegal nonetheless.

I have to re-order qualifying based on where everyone should have qualified and calculate grid penalties to be assessed at Round 4. The idea is that if a driver qualified 3rd but should have been 5th then he will be penalized 2 spots on the grid. Everyone can expect this is as a standard penalty for illegal laps in qualifying but in this case it also is intended to account for the race results which would have been much different if we were able to scrutinize qualifying on the fly on race night.

I might keep the pole and fast lap bonus points as they were earned. Brandon definitely gets the new track record.

Brandon, KJ, Rich Minkler, Coffey, Cam, Dale and all of the Sportsmen were clean on their best qualifying laps.

I couldn't see Yoan in my replay.

As mentioned, Pat was outside of the track limits on every lap.

Eric Richard cut the first corner chicane with four tires well outside the curbing and/or the fast chicane on every single qualifying lap which to me is far more egregious than Pat treating the green concrete as legal; four tires on black asphalt outside curbing is never legal.

To save me some typing time and for transparency, here's my post in the Stewards forum after I watched qualifying because I am supposed to validate pole and fast laps and skimmed through the races in response to a protest submitted against Eric for repeatedly cutting the track.

Unfortunately, Pat was driving a different track than everyone else using all of the green runout areas with four wheels outside the curbing. NO ONE ELSE was consistently doing that so why he thought it was legal is bewildering. I'd have to check the pics for other out of bounds and how many times but there were some. Not a single clean lap, he obviously does not deserve pole and I figure gets a grid penalty next race. I am certain that I reiterated the ESR rule on the forum and before either qualifying or Race 1 that at least two tires must be touching the racing surface and that the red and white curbing counted as racing surface.

Well, now I had to find who to credit with Pro Pole.

Brandon qualified second so I checked his laps next. I regret not going straight to his best lap but I guess that I wanted to see all of them. All of his complete timed laps were clean (2:12.166).

To be fair now I had to check everyone's laps.

My best lap missed by inches at the exits of the fast chicane the following corner. I made a mistake on my next best lap that cost me time but and also made me illegal by the width of the white line (best legal lap = 2:13.471). During qualifying, I wasn't concerned that I was illegal on the corner exits and wasn't worried about the inside the curbing incident because it wasn't my best lap.

I was praying for KJ's last (and best) lap to legal and it was (2:12.992).

I was stunned that Hutton only had one legal lap but he must have been pushing like hell seeing low 12's as possible based on others' times (2:13.196).

Aside from mistakes that sent Cam off track, his laps were clean and looked like proper driving not a video game (2:12.792).

Dale looked great, went wide a couple of times so not legal but those were obvious time-costing errors. The one time that he would have gained from four wheels off, he rolled out of the throttle. Throwing out the illegal laps by everyone else, Dale would have gridded third which looks completely right watching him drive and would have made for a completely different race (2:12.908).

Minkler was ragged but his best lap was legal and fastest despite feathering the throttle to assure that he'd avoid four wheels off (2:13.066)

Coffey made some mistakes that sent him back to the pits, missed being legal by an inch on an early decent lap but his best lap was clean (2:13.304)

I can't see Yoan in my replay.

Moving onto the Sportsmen, I went straight to their best laps.

Everyone was legal except Eric who cut T1 EVERY TIME and the fast chicane many times. He's easier to penalize than Pat because there is zero room for misunderstanding cutting the track versus Pat maybe thinking that the green runout areas were legal.

Ultimately, I think that our practical choices are to void the entire event and call it non-points (we still had fun and less likely to cause hard feelings) like we did at Adelaide one year or call the green runout areas track surface and race it that way next time. IMO, the right thing to do is to scrutinize and penalize qualifying and the races but that's way too much work.

2015 AES Champion
2016 AES Champion
2017 AES Champion
2018 GTC-4 Pro Champion

Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:31 am
Profile WWW

There were two official protests.

One was against Brandon Smith for two incidents of avoidable contact with Cam Porter where Cam lost track position because of them. Both were ruled avoidable contact and subject to a race results time penalty that usually translates to a position penalty but with the results thrown out there is no fair way to assess the penalty. Brandon will be on probation for two races and is reminded to monitor where other cars are when racing close and to leave a little extra racing room until very familiar to help avoid any contact with other cars at any time.

The other was against Eric Richard for repeatedly cutting the track, four wheels off at multiple corners, many times often multiple track cuts on one lap.

Eric's penalty is disqualification (but he got lucky because the race is deemed non-points), loses a throwaway (his worst race result for the season will be counted) and he will be gridded last for both races of the next round that he enters. He is on probation for two races in regard to avoidable contact and he will be suspended for two races if he is caught purposefully intentionally cutting the track to gain or maintain an advantage during an official race ever again.

He was warned after 2018 Trans Am Road Atlanta:

Tom Lory wrote:
Henceforth, intentional track cutting will be punishable by disqualification and a beer fine payable to the admin who has to deal with redoing the stats :evil:

Eric Richard wrote:
Im very sorry for the track cutting. Got through an accident, I didnt want to race alone... I just tried to get the pace and have fun with max and bobby. Normally I dont do that but for the unusual low attendance of the night, I figured I was no big deal. I didnt think about the stats, sorry again :S I wont happen again

Tom Lory wrote:
I understand, Eric.

More so than the stats, it was a distraction during the race to drivers within sight and myself who is aware of the split times and every position on the track is worth points and can affect the season outcome.

A goal on race day is a balance of realism and fun, trying to make the racing as lifelike as we can get away with without pushing people away. Everyone has a bad race occasionally, dealing with it is part of racing.

Fine possibly payable here (buy online for in-store pickup): ;)

http://www.bevmo.com/catalog/product/view/id/3372

or

http://shop.bevmo.com/search?w=lagunita ... n%20shugga

2015 AES Champion
2016 AES Champion
2017 AES Champion
2018 GTC-4 Pro Champion

Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:53 am
Profile WWW

Grid penalties for Round 4:

Consider the legit grid for an idea of how the races would have went if we were able to check qualifying immediately afterwards; the outcomes would have been completely different, especially the Pros with Brandon on pole and Porsches and Alpines in the next 4 grid spots.

In the end, I feel like I will be getting the harshest penalty, 5 positions when I was barely illegal by inches during qualifying and was legal except for one mistake that I am aware of during the races from which I gained nothing plus I spent hours dealing with it :(

2015 AES Champion
2016 AES Champion
2017 AES Champion
2018 GTC-4 Pro Champion

Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:39 am
Profile WWW

I approve the decision, and the message.

Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:36 am

I am rescinding the avoidable contact probation period imposed on Eric.

He wasn't scrutinized nor penalized for any incidents with other vehicles so he shouldn't be subject to additional penalties for avoidable contact in the upcoming races.

2015 AES Champion
2016 AES Champion
2017 AES Champion
2018 GTC-4 Pro Champion

Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:18 pm
Profile WWW

Fair enough. Sorry Cam, nothing was intentional. If it makes you feel better I was hit several times as well, including being absolutely slammed in R2 by someone who missed their braking point.

Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:05 pm

First time I've ever watched Qualifying
Very disappointing to see the blatant track cutting...
In Q and in race :shock:
Makes me sad :(
I think its a good call on tossing out the results and the penalty formula sounds fair as well

Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:10 pm

OK. So no IPAs for Tom, it looks like.

"The best dividends on the labor invested have invariably come from seeking more knowledge rather than more power." Wilbur and Orville Wright

Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:24 pm

My best combined quali and races result in years... gone. :lol:

Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:11 am

JimmyC wrote:
OK. So no IPAs for Tom, it looks like.

I'll drink 'em but the less hoppy the better for me. I like Sierra Nevada's standard IPA.

One of my favorite beers is Red Hook ESB which is getting harder and harder to find locally and don't show up in a search at Bevmo, is why I linked the Fuller ESB (I've never had it, I'll probably buy some the next time in that direction).

Lagunitas Brown Shugga has an interesting origin and to me tastes kinda like Red Hook ESB, there's a gradually depleting case in my garage frig right now.

https://lagunitas.com/beer/brown-shugga

2015 AES Champion
2016 AES Champion
2017 AES Champion
2018 GTC-4 Pro Champion

Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:15 am
Profile WWW

BSmith wrote:
Sorry Cam, nothing was intentional.

I made this video replay for the stewards. Watch the first incident, the first 50 seconds or so. It shows multiple angles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrBui3ncFlM

I would have been pretty much directly in your field of view. There is no way you did not see me. You made a conscious decision to turn in on me hard. Saying it was not intentional rings hollow. *shrug*

Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:12 am
Profile WWW

Just hoping to extinguish this between Cam and Brandon.

The stewards ruled on this, an apology was made, move on.

We've enjoyed at least a year with zero arguing, let's please keep it that way.

Braking and predicting where other cars are to me the most difficult aspects of rFactor sim racing and are therefore the areas where mistakes are most likely to be made.

I can guarantee that Brandon did not intentionally turn into Cam, he just misjudged where Cam was.

2015 AES Champion
2016 AES Champion
2017 AES Champion
2018 GTC-4 Pro Champion

Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:04 pm
Profile WWW

Sorry for all of this fellas. The agreement was different when we talked Sunday night, not this. I also was told about one exit and now I see there were many other turns as well. I have not had any chance to watch any replays since I'm not literally not able to and won't till next week. I trust everyone and am here not to argue. I did not do anything intentional in qualifying or in the race. I did not know I was off the curbing and completely unaware just how wide I was on exit. I will fix the problem in the future. I'm truly sorry for being part of ruining this race for people who didn't deserve this. DQ me and reverse the decision. That is what makes sense to me.

Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:23 pm

Long story but it has been decided that we are going to keep the race results and championship points.

Throwing the results out would have nullified good results by completely innocent drivers, inadvertently penalizing them in a sense.

Pat will be penalized by being sent to the back of the grid for both races of the next round that he competes, loses the pole and race fast lap bonus points (if he indeed set them) for being four wheels off into the green runout area(s) every lap of qualifying and most if not all of the race laps.

Eric is DQ'ed (zero points), starts in the back for both races at the next round that he enters and loses a throwaway (his best 11 results plus his worst will count towards the final standings) for cutting the track four wheels off the racing surface throughout qualifying and the races.

I will be penalized 5 grid positions for the first race at Round 4 to account for my foul qualifying lap at Melbourne.

Dave Hutton will be penalized 1 grid position for the first race at Round 4 to account for his foul qualifying lap at Melbourne.

At this point, I have to manually score qualifying and both races, working on that now.

Sorry for the mistakes and the delay. This will not happen again.

2015 AES Champion
2016 AES Champion
2017 AES Champion
2018 GTC-4 Pro Champion

Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:38 pm
Profile WWW

Thank you Tom.

Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:30 am

K Juliot wrote: