View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:34 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 S397 Howsten Dissenter - Discussion & Tips 

Would you enjoy racing this car?
yes 55%  55%  [ 6 ]
no 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
too hard to drive 9%  9%  [ 1 ]
too fast 9%  9%  [ 1 ]
too slow 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
not enough grip 18%  18%  [ 2 ]
too much grip 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
too many adjustments 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
poor steering feel 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
poor handling 9%  9%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 11

S397 Howsten Dissenter - Discussion & Tips 

S397 Howsten Dissenter

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... =Dissenter

2015 SCCS GT1 Pro Champion
2015 AES Champion
2016 AES Champion
2017 AES Champion
2018 GTC-4 Pro Champion
2018 Simca Abarth 1150 Corsa Cup Pro Champion
http://www.loryelectric.com

Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:47 am
Profile WWW

I voted that this car was too fast, not enough grip and poor handling.
But still I would like to drive it. It's hilarious.
Just not our first series.

Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:29 am

I like this car because I feel like it's the close to the historic racing that I like. It is certainly challenging to drive. I would like to race this car, but I know it is not to everyone's tastes.

Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:49 pm
Profile WWW

I've driven these cars twice now and not a fan. Maybe just a setup issue for me and need to spend some time on one. Reminds me too much of the cars in Historics that takes all your concentration just to keep it on the track, forget about actually trying to race some one. But like I said maybe I just need sometime to work up a setup. ;)

Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:57 am

It still requires full concentration but I made some nice improvements to my Dissenter setup last night, had a lot of fun lapping Hidden Valley with it.

If we do have a series with them, it'll be a fair ways in the future. We need to become familiar and comfortable with the rF2 advancements towards realism like tires that get hot and lose grip almost instantly and the rubbering in of the racing line with cars that require less attention to simply keeping them pointed in the right direction.

I personally do want to race them, I'd enjoy the challenge.

However, I don't enjoy endless setup work at all and have gotten through many seasons including championship winning ones with minimal if any changes from track to track beyond gearing and tires pressures, often a matter of one or two steps different on rear sway bar or springs. I figure my time is better spent learning the track and how to attack with the car that I have, one learns to drive around whatever the car is doing as long as it's not completely evil. I'm on maybe my 5th evolution of a setup with the Howsten and I could live with it as is.

I imagine sneaking in a race weekend with them on an off weekend or maybe before our first season for those who really want to drive them.

I'll monitor the rF2 server as best I can this (Fri Nov 29) evening, will jump in if I can to share my setup, probably refine it some more. It helps that Hidden Valley is far less demanding than VIR; VIR is bad track to introduce the Dissenter with but Trans Am is at VIR next weekend so I wanted the rF2 version up.

My feeling a few weeks ago was that we'd take all of January to get everyone up to speed with rF2 and to decide on a series to start in February but it seems that everyone likes the BTTC cars and aside from not being "historic" they fit our needs very well if not perfectly. We'll take a few minutes after the Trans Am races hereon to hear everyone who wishes to voice his opinion.

2015 SCCS GT1 Pro Champion
2015 AES Champion
2016 AES Champion
2017 AES Champion
2018 GTC-4 Pro Champion
2018 Simca Abarth 1150 Corsa Cup Pro Champion
http://www.loryelectric.com

Fri Nov 29, 2019 5:27 pm
Profile WWW

I should be on around 10 central time Tom

Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:52 pm

So after last night of driving these at Hidden Valley with a rubbered in track plus really working on a setup. I'm changing my opinion, these are a lot like driving historics cars close to the trans am cars. They are going to take you a bit to work up a setup that suits your driving style but fun car to drive after that. I got something that was driveable for me but feel their is more potential in it.

Sat Nov 30, 2019 1:46 pm

Those cars are fun !

Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:58 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]