View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:27 pm

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 2020 Test Races #1 Results - SCR 1971 Riverside 

Sunday, January 5, 2020.

rFactor 2 races 1-2

Stock Car Resurrection 1971-72 races 1-2

2015 SCCS GT1 Pro Champion
2015 AES Champion
2016 AES Champion
2017 AES Champion
2018 GTC-4 Pro Champion
2018 Simca Abarth 1150 Corsa Cup Pro Champion
http://www.loryelectric.com

Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:34 am
Profile WWW

replays: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VyLCUI ... sp=sharing

Official Practice stats:

Qualifying stats:

Race 1 stats:

Race 2 stats:

2015 AES Champion
2016 AES Champion
2017 AES Champion
2018 GTC-4 Pro Champion

Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:34 am
Profile WWW

Fun time racing with these big pigs of cars. Went off a few times in race one and car got real pushy further into the race. So for race two went with a looser set, real hairy to start with but was a lot better further into the race then before. Did anyone else notice the fan made sign hanging over the wall in turn 6, RIP R.I.R. It is truly sad that this historic track is just a housing development now.

The pace lap in VR was really cool looking. I don't think I would have done any better or worse racing with my regular monitor versus VR. Frame rate was smooth, but after the races going to Silverstone I was getting some stutter in a few spots. But Silverstone has always been the worst track for frame rate in RF2, with my original video card I couldn't even run at Silverstone it was so bad.

Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:44 am

I had problems with the steering feeling loose at high speed and stiff at low speed. Still strugleling with the ffb and steering setings. Cya next week!

Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:49 am

Congrats to the winners and to the rest of the podium!

Thought I would of done a little better here but it shows I have a lot of work ahead. Just hoping I can commit the time I used to, back in the day.

Had a lot of fun trying to race guys like Tim and Barry. Along with Jim, I think you guys really drove the crap out of these! I spun a lot and got knocked off once or twice but overall enjoyed it.

Good luck fellas at the next race! The Cortina is no flippy floppy car I like. Have fun!

Tue Jan 07, 2020 12:43 pm

Eric Richard wrote:
I had problems with the steering feeling loose at high speed and stiff at low speed. Still strugleling with the ffb and steering setings. Cya next week!

:?

FWIW, I've done NOTHING with the steering settings with any of the cars we've had on the server other than adjust the steering and FFB force lock in-game (1.00 has been too high for my liking with every car so far), G27 wheel set to 900 degrees all that I can recall have felt good to great, far better than anything in rF1.

I understand the rotation to lock ratio that is intended by whomever modeled the car but bottom line for me is steering speed and force required, the slower the steering the more I can feel and accurately correct and just adequate force is easier on my equipment.

2015 AES Champion
2016 AES Champion
2017 AES Champion
2018 GTC-4 Pro Champion

Tue Jan 07, 2020 3:16 pm
Profile WWW

Tom Lory wrote:
Eric Richard wrote:

:?

FWIW, I've done NOTHING with the steering settings with any of the cars we've had on the server other than adjust the steering and FFB force lock in-game (1.00 has been too high for my liking with every car so far), G27 wheel set to 900 degrees all that I can recall have felt good to great, far better than anything in rF1.

I understand the rotation to lock ratio that is intended by whomever modeled the car but bottom line for me is steering speed and force required, the slower the steering the more I can feel and accurately correct and adequate force is easier on my equipment.
I had to turn up the steering smoothing otherwise it was killing my arms and going to destroy the wheel, did this a quit awhile back so don't know if it's changed for the better with newer RF2 versions. Eric I run 720 rotation on the wheel.

Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:11 pm

It was fun getting back to racing here. The competition is still strong as ever. rF2 promises some exciting races.

I disconnected during practice constantly but managed to rig up something up that worked for the first race but not the second.

Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:41 pm

These pigs are still good fun! I managed to qualify pretty well and got a good start -- quite unusual for me! -- and held P3 for a couple of early laps. Later on, as Mike was moving up through the field, he and I swapped places multiple times per lap. Good stuff, Mike. :) Heat 2 I again managed to work up to P3 by the end of lap 2, but Mike and I tangled a little too hard in the middle of lap 3 and I fell WAYYYYY back. I only managed to pick up a few places as others retired early. Still good fun and a good start to ESR and rF2.
Excellent work getting this going, Tom. Big thumbs up!

"The best dividends on the labor invested have invariably come from seeking more knowledge rather than more power." Wilbur and Orville Wright

Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:24 am

Pigs is right Jim, but fun also, sorry for the bumps as braking was a bit strange in these things but also
dealing with a whole different animal too i guess.

Probably would be fun car to have a season with,tough but not impossible to drive.

Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:31 am

Great fun and start to ESR official racing.

It was excellent to have Mike Campbell and Jonathan Hill back with us as promised when we switch to rF2.

Luciano made no such ultimatums :lol: but it's been awhile since he's joined us. Thank you for the support and nice to see Luciano one mistake and 0.6 second from taking the win in Race 2.

For the first time in at least 4 years, someone new wandered in and gridded up for both races. I haven't watched the replays to see how Devin Bratcher did but if he had trouble staying on the track I am under the impression that he didn't negatively affect anyone else.

In the heat of Race 2, Mike's car's trajectory looked to be high enough in the air for me drive underneath it. It ended up being more of a grenade toss than a mortar round but it was enough to knock me off the track and bend something in the steering or suspension.

I'd completely forgotten but Rich Minkler's pig stuffed me into the outside wall in the last corner which is what sent me to the pits hoping to fix the car and fit new tires so that I might improve on what I expected to be last place with Fast Lap.

Other than those two incidents, the races were clean for me with probably some bumping and rubbing but not enough to upset this big car. I was looking forward to a race long battle with Rich Minkler in Race 1 after he took the lead from the start but he went wide at Turn 7 pretty early in the race and I was able to hot lap from there on with clean air in front of me to take the first official win of the rFactor 2 era :D

This car took a lot of setup work and I expect would benefit from more but was very fun and immersive for me to lap Riverside with. The good news as far keeping the competition close is that under the skin these cars are identical so we can share setups.

Having to manage tire temps and wear made a sprint race feel longer than it was, more immersive.

Despite a couple of spins and certainly more than one lockup, no tires were flat spotted. Ahead of actually playing with rF2, flat spotting sounded like it would be a very difficult problem for us, one that would compound the challenge of braking which was already much harder than it is in real life with no G forces and no feel of lockup from the pedal.

I would endorse these cars for a championship series. My only trepidation is the vast number of adjustments but hopefully a setup that is good at one track is a good place to start for the next one. I always prefer zero or minimal aero adjustments but with these cars it helped that there seemed to be a pretty narrow range that actually worked so there wasn't endless testing required to arrive at a setting. When we race the GT3 cars, aero will be a big part so we're not going to escape it entirely anyway.

I intended to post results like I do for championship races but I found myself uncertain which class to score a few drivers in which led to a brain cramp so I aborted :lol: I'll have to figure it out before BTCC and I should recover and update these results at some point soon.

2015 AES Champion
2016 AES Champion
2017 AES Champion
2018 GTC-4 Pro Champion

Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:23 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]