View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:45 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Re: 2020 Test Races #3 Results - Aussie Legends @ Barbagallo 

Sunday, January 19, 2020

rFactor 2 races 5-6

Aussie Legends races 1-2

Replays: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PmUwP0 ... sp=sharing

Official Practice stats:

Qualifying stats:

Race 1 stats:

Race 2 stats:

2015 SCCS GT1 Pro Champion
2015 AES Champion
2016 AES Champion
2017 AES Champion
2018 GTC-4 Pro Champion
2018 Simca Abarth 1150 Corsa Cup Pro Champion
http://www.loryelectric.com

Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:53 am
Profile WWW

Some fun races, I liked these cars for the most part. And again this week I figured out between races that the setup that was loaded had some wrong settings, so changed it. The second race the car was a lot better and allowed me to lead the first half of the race. Well till Rich and I had a coming together in the last turn. I dropped 6 spots, but after that had a hell of a race with Mike and Hutty 4, 5, and 6th nose to tail for the rest of the race.

Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:42 am

Thanks for the setup, Tom. I sucked less than it looked like I was going to.

Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:40 am

So far every car we've tried in rF2 is a blast to drive. These big pigs are so much fun. Had some great racing with Dave, Tom, KJ and others. I'd forgotten about the differences between the cars. I didn't run a lap before race night & just picked the Dodge since I love the Challengers. After the race I realized Tom had a 4 mph advantage on me looking at the results sheet. He would always pull away from me down the back straight. I could outbrake him into T1 and other corners. It was a real cat and mouse deal for a while.

I hope we pick up some more drivers - this is just too much fun.

Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:42 pm

I was compromised between NFC Championship game (49ers vs Packers) but I bounced between the game and the sim rig, mostly admin duties aside from doing some laps at half time.

The game decidedly tipped to the 49ers advantage in time for me to qualify, on pole by 1/10th ahead of Mike Campbell. Unfortunately, I didn't think to calculate fuel until the practice start and based my fuel load on the qualifying fuel fill, figuring that I needed about 50% more fuel, 15 minute qualifying versus ~23 minute race but I failed to account for the fact that I missed a big portion of qualifying.

I while leading Race 1 on lap 7 or 8 that I was going to have to stop for fuel. Fortunately, my divided attention made me slow through and out of Turn 6 so Mike passed me which solved warning him that I was pitting when the time came. My plan was to go as far as could to hopefully not lose as many positions. Unfortunately, more squirreling around with buttons and watching the pit menu, I wandered into Mike on the front straight and sent both of us into the barriers. I'm very relieved that Mike seemed to have salvaged a good race after I ruined ours.

I remember less of Race 2. I sent myself to the back (could have been on pole with the inversion) and I thought that Mike went off early with a front spoiler flying through the Wanneroo air so I figured that was that. My memory might be not be accurate but I think that relaxed too much once I made it to the front and by the time that I realized that Mike was charging, I'd lost my fast rhythm and I set up too wide for braking for T1, touched the curbing which upset the car and I went wide, handing the lead to Mike. I am certain that I did my best to get close enough on the back straight to draft by and basically block pass at the final corner but I didn't get it done.

Fantastic form from Mike at every one of the Test Races so far. I can't recite the actuals but I believe that qualifying has been really close (hell, KJ and Rich were tied to three decimal points here) and there have been a few close finishes. Fairly often, the best we can hope for with so few cars is that a couple of us have a good race but doing so with what have been basically one-off races projects well for upcoming BTCC championship.

I liked these four cars, honestly not so much for any great characteristic but more so that the Fords (damn close to each other if not identical), Holden and Chrysler all had different strengths but the balance of performance seemed good at least as far as lap time. There aren't a dizzying range of adjustments, the cars weren't exactly easy but not very difficult to drive either, to my ear all expect the Chrysler sounded good and the engines were durable. After the superb Lotus Cortina, steering feel was disappointing, much closer to what we were used to with rF1 HGT&TC than that of well executed cars in rF2.

Despite an annoying range of front and rear spoiler adjustments and higher speeds, I would probably take the Stock Car Resurrection 1971-72 cars over these for a throwback series, they feel better and tolerate bumping and rubbing better, probably due to extra mass and grip.

2015 SCCS GT1 Pro Champion
2015 AES Champion
2016 AES Champion
2017 AES Champion
2018 GTC-4 Pro Champion
2018 Simca Abarth 1150 Corsa Cup Pro Champion
http://www.loryelectric.com

Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:19 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]